Emby stops on DS718+

its.philipp

its.philipp

Dear all,

i just started to play around with Emby last week and i´m currently facing the issue that Emby stops in the package center. In some cases i can manually restart Emby, but sometimes i also have to restart the NAS to start Emby again.

I already tried some of the ideas in the other post (i.e deactivate plugins etc.).

I have the latest version of Emby on my Synology: 3.2.40.0

Following information are stored in the logs:

[2017-11-29 14:43:48 UTC] >> Exit status is [0].

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] Script called with action [status]...

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] >> PID file [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/embysvr.pid] does not exist.

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] >> Emby Server is not running.

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] >> Exit status is [3].

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] Script called with action [log]...

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] >> Returning log file location [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs/start-stop-status_20171129.log].

[2017-11-29 14:44:13 UTC] >> Exit status is [0].

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] Script called with action [status]...

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] >> PID file [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/embysvr.pid] does not exist.

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] >> Emby Server is not running.

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] >> Exit status is [3].

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] Script called with action [log]...

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] >> Returning log file location [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/logs/start-stop-status_20171129.log].

[2017-11-29 14:44:57 UTC] >> Exit status is [0].

[2017-11-29 14:45:34 UTC] Script called with action [status]...

[2017-11-29 14:45:34 UTC] >> PID file [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/embysvr.pid] does not exist.

[2017-11-29 14:45:34 UTC] >> Emby Server is not running.

[2017-11-29 14:45:34 UTC] >> Exit status is [3].

[2017-11-29 14:45:35 UTC] Script called with action [start]...

[2017-11-29 14:45:35 UTC] >> PID file [/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/embysvr.pid] does not exist.

[2017-11-29 14:45:35 UTC] >> Emby Server is not running.

[2017-11-29 14:45:35 UTC] >> Starting Emby Server.

Do you have any idea how to overcome this issue?

Would be great if you can support! If you need any further infos/logs let me know!

Thank you very much for your support!

Best 

Philipp

its.philipp

Hi James,

sorry for the late reply. I was away from home over the weekend.

I conducted the Diagnostics and sent the logs to your server:

sendlogs_DS718_synology_apollolake_718+_20171203T201915UTC.tgz 

Thanks for your support!

Cheers 

Philipp

its.philipp

Hi James,

did you had a chance to check the logs? I'm really curious to know were the problem is.

Thanks again for your great support!

Cheers Philipp

solabc16

Hello @@its.philipp

Out of interest, how large is your library? We appear to be running into a segmentation fault [sIGSEGV] whilst the library is being scanned.

I would suggest (for now) disabling real-time monitoring for your library(s) and see if that improves the situation.

You can find this setting under  Manage Server -> Library -> [your library name] -> Manage Folders -> Uncheck Enable real time monitoring.

Let us know how you get on...

Best

- James

its.philipp

Hi @@solabc16,

i have around 1100 Movies and around 3500 Episodes of TV series.

I turned off the Real-time monitoring and will check if it stops again. 

I also just updated to the latest version of Emby: 3.2.50.0-1. 

Thanks for your support so far. Let´s see, what happens :)

Cheers

Philipp

Edited by its.philipp

its.philipp

Hi @solabc16,

brief update. Until today the Emby Server is up and running smoothly after disabling real-time monitoring.

​Will there be any update, after which i might turn on real-time monitoring again?

​Thanks for your support!

Cheers

Philipp

The realtime monitor comes from the mono runtime which we're dependent on. That's where the improvements would need to happen.

• 3 months later...
Mdrodge

i've faced the same issue on my DS916+ for a very long time (the whole time i've been using  Emby)

I don't know awhat is meant by real time monitor.

I am up to date and i currently am back to using the kodi quick sync plugin but the issue is still present even when no plugins are installed.

Originally Emby would only stop about once a week and i could handle this rate of failure but now it fails 2 or 3 times a day under lite use.

I only use Emby to serve to Kodi and i have 2 always on boxes and a hand full of other (mobile/tablet/car/etc) devices that sometimes connect.

The failure will happen even if its just the always on devices.

Many people have been uploading log files comments about this same issue for a long time but we are still no closer to knowing what is wrong or why it cant just restart it's self.

I will also point out that Plex has the same (or similar effect) issue. (with plex my server is now stable because none of the client devices use it)

solabc16

Hello @@Mdrodge

You can find more information on disabling the realtime monitor here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53349-emby-stops-on-ds718/?p=517972 and here https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56773-crashes-with-3310-1-error-in-ffprobeproviderhaschanged/?p=553385, so try disabling this and see if this is the cause of your issues.

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Mdrodge

I'll try that if i have any further problems but it's actually been running with out issue since i last posted 3 days ago (i did go through some settings but didn't think it would help).

If it drops out over the next week or so I'll get a log for you.

Thanks

Keep fighting the good fight !

solabc16

Thanks @@Mdrodge, if the system does remain stable, perhaps you can let us know what you changed; as it would be useful information.

If it does stop unexpectedly again, appreciate if you can run the diagnostics and send logs utilities, details here:-

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Run-Diagnostics

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Best

- James

Edited by solabc16

Mdrodge

In the DLNA Profiles area i added the stock kodi preset as a custom profile (i didn't alter it in any way)

I also cleared out all the old devices from my devices area (lots of old boxes and phones etc)

hope it helps.

((( still running strong )))

Keep fighting the good fight