Kodi 18 Leia for Android sync problem

eagleeyetom
Go to solution Solved by Jdiesel,

eagleeyetom

Hello!

I was searching for the answer for a couple of hours now - without luck. My Emby for Kodi started acting up today. Initially, I wasn't able to sync my new video, so I tried to reset the local database. Surprisingly, after re-launching Kodi, the videos were still on the list. My next step was wiping Kodi's data completely and re-install Emby. After doing that this popped up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfw56aw6nvl70k9/Screenshot_20171128-141436.jpg?dl=0

I can't fix it in any way. I even re-installed the server. Still no luck.

I'm on the latest Kodi 18 nightly and stable addon.

Any help?

Regards,

Tom

kodi.log

Edited by eagleeyetom

im85288

Kodi Leia is officially not supported yet so I'm afraid the best advice I can give you is go back to a stable version of Kodi or try the EmbyCon addon (which has the advantage of not being effected by kodi database changes)

• Like 1

eagleeyetom

Thanks for your answer! It works on Krypton, but I was hoping that it's going to work on Leia too. It did for over two weeks. I don't know what happened. Aliens most likely :D Anyway, if you have an idea how to fix this, please let me know. I like Leia's ability to handle Netflix ;)

im85288

Yeah no worries, I use Leia too (on android) for the Netflix addon....most likely it's because you installed a new nightly of Leia so rolling back a few versions may help. Unofficial support for Leia was working in this addon (at least for tvshows/movies) until recently so it must be something very new.

I would not rule out trying EmbyCon (if you use a skin where you can create widgets/menus from skin shortcuts you can create something similar) or if your using Estuary there is a version bundled with EmbyCon that has been customized for that addon. 

FYI - the pain we have with keeping up with the kodi database changes for every new release is why something like EmbyCon becomes extremely useful 

im85288

I'm not sure which version as I'm at work currently.....but it's been at least 3-4 weeks since I updated my nightly version.

• Solution
Jdiesel

There is a new videodb schema (v109) as of the Nov 21st nightly build

Edited by Jdiesel
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
feerlessleadr

I know this is probably the most annoying question that gets asked, but is there any chance that the beta addon will be updated to support the new schema any time soon?

The reason I ask is that I need to use a later Leia alpha to fix an NHL streaming issue (using the legit NHL addon, no pirate streams) using an AMLogic device. I realize that I can use the EmbyCon addon, but the WAF is so high with my current setup, that I'm scared to try and explain why things look 'a little different', even though I can set up the homescreen nodes.

Worse comes to worse, that's what I'll do temporarily, but if an unofficial update is coming down the pike, I can probably wait.

Thanks

eagleeyetom

I know this is probably the most annoying question that gets asked, but is there any chance that the beta addon will be updated to support the new schema any time soon?

The reason I ask is that I need to use a later Leia alpha to fix an NHL streaming issue (using the legit NHL addon, no pirate streams) using an AMLogic device. I realize that I can use the EmbyCon addon, but the WAF is so high with my current setup, that I'm scared to try and explain why things look 'a little different', even though I can set up the homescreen nodes.

Worse comes to worse, that's what I'll do temporarily, but if an unofficial update is coming down the pike, I can probably wait.

Thanks

Hey! I think that the issue is solved, at least on my end. Try downloading the newest nightly and the beta version of Emby server. Additionally, download the latest version of the addon from here. After library's re-scan things worked for me.

Edited by eagleeyetom
  • Like 3

feerlessleadr

Hey! I think that the issue is solved, at least on my end. Try downloading the newest nightly and the beta version of Emby server. Additionally, download the latest version of the addon from here. After library's re-scan things worked for me.

Turns out all I needed to update was to the dev version of the addon, and it works! You rock, thank you!