Refresh guide

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Hi there,

Since the recent server up date I have noticed that live TV guide is not auto populating (especially when pc is woken from sleep state) and I have to manually click on update TV guide in emby sever the ET display cover art for tv shows correctly. I use nextpvr plugin and this has previously been running stable.

There are no scheduled tasks that I can see for live tv refresh, how is live TV guide refresh handled?

PrincessClevage

There is a scheduled task, it is called Refresh Guide.

Does this answer your question? thanks.

looks like it is set to daily at 6:00am should ET hold a cache from this daily refresh? I have observed that upon pc emby server waking from sleep state live tv images for shows does not load correctly until I manually click on refresh guide data, perhaps the data is cached but is not handled/loaded correctly when resuming from low power state?

3a9647707f0d346eb26c84bb944e0d6d.jpg

PrincessClevage

There is a scheduled task, it is called Refresh Guide.

Does this answer your question? thanks.

To deal with TV guide images not displaying correctly after resume emby server from sleep the is an option to add another refresh trigger “wake from sleep” to trigger guide refresh upon wake from sleep. Hope this works, I was going to add a trigger based on windows system event I’d 1 (Power-troubleshooter) for computer awakening but seems there isn’t an option in emby sever task scheduler to manually add this.

You really shouldn't need either of those. if you have to refresh the guide more than once or twice per day then there is probably some other issue at play here.

PrincessClevage

You really shouldn't need either of those. if you have to refresh the guide more than once or twice per day then there is probably some other issue at play here.

I was attempting to place a work around until the root cause can be established and fixed but alas it seems the “refresh guide upon waking “ does nothing and I still have to got emby server/ live tv/ refresh guide to get all tv images to display correctly after emby sever has woken from sleep power state. Would logs help to establish root cause?

Would it also be possible to allow use to add scheduled tasks in Emby sever base on event IDs?

Do you have any other triggers for wake from sleep set?  Like do you force a library scan?

If so, try removing that.

PrincessClevage

Do you have any other triggers for wake from sleep set? Like do you force a library scan?

If so, try removing that.

24d48ec5133feec81f1b06d75e9d717e.jpg

I have not changed any schedule trigger defaults other than adding refresh TV guide after waking trigger which does not resolve the issue (a manual TV guide refresh after wake does resolve the issue tho). I will remove the trigger I have added

They problem is just that you have two applications with guide data so you need to manage both of their data pulls to keep them in sync

PrincessClevage

They have been working in sync for over 6month just since the latest update this started occurring. I notice that files have been updated and last two resume from sleep TV guide images were loaded correctly.

Thanks

PrincessClevage

Broken again, won’t load tv show art work after emby server/emby Theatre resumes from sleep.

What should my setting be set too?

Next pvr is scheduled to update guide data daily at 5:30am and emby schedule is 6am

• 2 weeks later...

The new runtime we're using for emby server doesn't have wake from sleep events so we're going to remove that trigger from the UI as it will just never fire. Hopefully they will add it back in upcoming runtime updates. thanks.