WebHooks

randomevents

pir8radio

Just trying to get more info on the webhooks plugin before I mess around with it...      Can it send webhooks based on emby notifications?    Like i would like to send a JSON string when "new media" is added that includes the message and media info.   The ability to use metadata fields to edit the JSON string however we want would be cool...  

something like:

{"content": "New Media Added: \n *mediaTitle* \n *mediaPrimary* \n *mediaOverview*"} 

New Media Added:

The 5th Wave

5e6afbd739e1b_Screenshotfrom202003122219

16-year-old Cassie Sullivan tries to survive in a world devastated by the waves of an alien invasion that has already decimated the population and knocked mankind back to the Stone Age.

So I can have it automatically post to my website, or facebook, or discord or whatever....

Edited by pir8radio

Not based on emby notifications, but rather based on the events you can choose in the webhook plugin settings.

pir8radio

Not based on emby notifications, but rather based on the events you can choose in the webhook plugin settings.

Ok and that only fires a webhook right it doesnt send json data in the post with details?

• 1 year later...
rawzef
On 3/12/2020 at 10:25 PM, pir8radio said:

Just trying to get more info on the webhooks plugin before I mess around with it...      Can it send webhooks based on emby notifications?    Like i would like to send a JSON string when "new media" is added that includes the message and media info.   The ability to use metadata fields to edit the JSON string however we want would be cool...  

something like:

{"content": "New Media Added: \n *mediaTitle* \n *mediaPrimary* \n *mediaOverview*"} 

New Media Added:

The 5th Wave

5e6afbd739e1b_Screenshotfrom202003122219

16-year-old Cassie Sullivan tries to survive in a world devastated by the waves of an alien invasion that has already decimated the population and knocked mankind back to the Stone Age.

So I can have it automatically post to my website, or facebook, or discord or whatever....

That is exactly what I am looking for, did you find a solution for this? My case is

When new media added > post to twitter

pir8radio
23 hours ago, rawzef said:

That is exactly what I am looking for, did you find a solution for this? My case is

When new media added > post to twitter

no i ended up using the discord plugin to send a message on discord then I used zapier.com to send that discord to Facebook (can also be twitter)  it works, but not direct like i originally wanted.