Question about dvd/bd image support package

PBzeer
Go to solution Solved by PBzeer,

Something is interfering with mkv  playback on Media Player (either direct or through Emby for Media Center), as well as dvd playback through Media Player. It's not a codec problem, as I have the same codecs on all 4 of my machines (no playback problems on other 3), and the server is on the machine having the problem. There are no other programs other than the Emby server and it's associated programs that are unique to this pc. Logic makes me wonder if the dvd/bd image support package is the culprit, as I can't see anything else that would be.

My question is, do I need the dvd/bd image support package for the Emby server to work properly?

Almost forgot, all pc's running Win7 Pro (server pc running 64 bit)

Further note, playback is only affected in Media Player (which I have disabled and re-enabled)

And one more thing I forgot to mention. Once I log into Emby for WMC, the screen starts to flicker and even after closing I get a black spot flickering around the cursor that doesn't stop until a reboot.

Edited by PBzeer

Please post an EMC log from when you play one of these items.

If you have access setup properly, then Emby will not be involved in the playback of those at all.  WMC will be going straight to the content.

I don't think that Emby for WMC is the problem. I'm trying to troubleshoot, which is why I asked if I could delete the dvd/bd image support package. That and Emby Server are the only applications on the pc experiencing problems that aren't on at least one of my other pc's which aren't experiencing any playback problems.

A log could still potentially shed some light on the issue.

I don't believe we even still use that BD/DVD package but I could be wrong.  In any case, it would not affect playback in WMC/EMC.

• Solution

That was the problem. Deleted, rebooted, and now Media Player works properly.

Also stopped the flickering issue in Emby for WMC.

Edited by PBzeer