How-To setup subtitles and audio switching with MCERemote Plus

saitoh183

saitoh183

So i was trying to get subtitles to work on MBC/WMC without having to use MPC and the only option seemed to be Media Control. Media Control is fine for the more experience user but is not very WAF worthy. So i decide to try and get MCERemote plus (which is the only other alternative to Media Control) and after 2 days of messy around i finally got it to work properly. So i decided to share my setup so that others may benefit.

This has only been tested with Embedded subs only but MceRemote simply turns on or off the subtitle section of FFDshow. So if FFDshow properly enables the external sub, there is no reason why MCE remote wouldnt work.

What i installed:

• Lav x64 (audio/video/splitter) - Latest Build
  • FFDshow x64(Video/DXVA)
  • MCERemote Plus
  • Win7DSFilterTeaker 5.9

Install:

• Install Lav (you can install X86 and x64...doesnt  really matter)
  • Install FFDshow x64 (only video decoder is needed), for the rest of the menus, I left default for the video codec choice (do not enable Subtitles) and disabled the audio mixer
  • Extract MCERemote where ever you want. if you have UAC enabled (set the exe to always Run as Admin)

Configure:

• Win7DSFilterTeaker 5.9: use it to properly assigned x64 codec to FFDshow and Lav for audio (Follow the Lav guide on the Forum)
  • Open Lav Audio and set it up for your system needs (ie: enable AC3 DTS whatever you need)
  • Open open FFDshow and make sure you follow the configuration shown in the jpg that is in the MCERemote Plus folder
  • Open Lav Splitter.Now if your using this for manly anime as i am, you can simply set your Lav Splitter config like my screenshot and if the video files was properly encoded, it should work without a hich. You can view this page to get a explanation on the Splitter if your not familar with it.

5318b26893557_Capture.jpg

Now start MCERemote and configure your shortcut keys to do the switching and make sure FFDshow is selected and DirectVobsub is unselected and press OK

Thats It!

Now start up MBC and start a anime or any video containing subs. Press on your designated Toggle sub key and it should turn on/off the sub. If it does not, press the button once, then right-click on the FFDshow icon and make sure there is a check mark next to Subtitle (this is what the toggle function does in MCERemote config). If that works but still no sub, right-click the FFDshow icon again and this time under subtitle stream, make sure its has a check next to the subtitle and not "No Subtitle". If it was set to "No Subtitle" then Lav Splitter probably wasnt able to set the proper sub which could be be cause the 3 letter code is wrong.

The way it suppose to work:

• FFDshow Subtitle is not checked by default
  • Subtitle must Not be on "No Subtitle " or Toggle will do nothing
  • Audio switching shouldnt be necessary if Lav Splitter is configured properly and Video files are properly encoded with Subs

Things i have noticed with MCERemote:

• Once i switch audio using the shortcut key, i cant seem to switch back. Any feedback would be appreciated. Its not such a big deal because since Lav splitter switches the video to the proper audio on startup but the switch button seems to still not work..as if its a the end of a list and cant go back to the first entry.
  • Cycle Sub streams doesnt seems to work.. probably the same reason as the Cycle Audio stream.
  • Shorcut keys must be a keyboard key and not MCE_... becuase WMC doesnt seem to register it.
Edited by saitoh183
  • Like 8