Initial sync error on FireTV stick

cw-kid

cw-kid

Also in the addon settings the Emby server address keeps changing back to local LAN IP and http port from domain address https port. I can't stop it doing this.

I don't remember having that issue before on my laptop that was setup to use the external address.

Is it just because I am on the local LAN?

And will it stick to the WAN address when the Fire stick is remote away from my LAN etc.

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Here is the log file for the failed playback of .H265 file.

LINK REMOVED

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

The initial sync on the second stick has died. Its also taken down the Emby server again which is no longer running. 

Here is the Kodi log for that session. 

LINK REMOVED

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

OK both sticks are done now.

I don't think I ever got a full inital sync to finish.

But using the Repair Local DB option in the addon settings I was able to build up the libraries and populate the content.

The down res of artwork really did help speed up the GUI navigation so thanks for that tip.

I just finished a repair of the music libary on one of the sticks, its album total count is 1384 the artist count is 561.

However on the other stick its album count is 1387 and artists 562.

So a slight difference there but will have to live with it.

Both sticks have the same movie and TV show title total count.

Cheers

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Oh and the only issue I am left with is the Emby server address keeps defaulting back to Http local LAN IP address.

And not keeping the WAN domain adress and https port.

Will have to see what happens after Christmas when they go to their new homes.

That and they don't play H265 in Kodi as well.

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

The address is set to change automatically. It'll always pick what is appropriate.

I'll be around in a few hours to check your logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

@@cw-kid

Thanks for your patience. I haven't been able to shake the cold I have, I've beed exhausted because of it.

I checked your logs. Artwork caching is causing timeouts. I'd say maybe reduce the number of threads down to like 5. If that still crashes it, then disable "force artwork caching". You also have a weird character in your advancedsettings. 

<advancedsettings>
                                              <imageres>512</imageres>
                                              <fanartres>720</fanartres>

<----------------
                                            </advancedsettings>

Do you have a log that contains the error for playback for H265? Let me know.

cw-kid

@@Angelblue05

I am sorry to hear you are feeling unwell, I hope you feel better soon !  :)

I have set the Artwork Caching Threads limit to "5" on each stick as you have recommended. 

Here is the log file for the failed playback of .H265 file.

LINK REMOVED

Not seeing what you see in the advancedsettings.xml however I did have a rogue period "." character which was placed after </fanartres>  I have removed it now. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

I updated to version 2.3.58. I changed the settings for H265 playback back to the default of Disabled and relaunched Kodi. 

i then tried to play the same H265 TV Show Episode again "Ancient Aliens - S01E1 - The Evidence".

It kinda went through the motions of starting to play it, as in Estuary in the top right hand corner I could see a Play icon and the name of the episode and under that the name of the TV show. However it didn't play and I was left on the screen listing all the episodes in that season.

So I pressed back button a bunch of times to get to full screen mode, here I had a black screen and in the centre a blue circle with 100 in it. 

Looking in the log I can see:

EMBY.playutils -> Can't direct play, play from HTTP enabled.

I have HTTP playback enabled as I am setting up the stick as a WAN client but obviously at the moment its on my LAN, so that might be an issue ? 

The log file is also flooded with these entries:

ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec::GetOutputPicture ExceptionCheck; dequeueOutputBuffer

I will PM you the actual log for this session. 

Thanks.