Can speed up MBC restart?

JoanC2

JoanC2
Hi everybody,

Been trying MBClassic/ MB3 server for the first time. On the whole its fantastic, but there's one thing that's anoying to me.

Being in WMCE, I often go in and out of MB looking for something to watch, and everytime I go back to MBClassic, appears the splash screen that keeps me waiting some seconds before seeing the same library again. Looks like MBClassic were disconnected and connected again with the Server each time I get out and in. There were also a delay with MB2 and I got used to it, but it's longer now with MB3, and I really don't like the splash screen appearing every time.

First: Is there some way to avoid the splash screen?

Second: Some way to speed up MBC restart? Maybe forcing MBC to keep connected to the server, so the delay only appears the first time?

Thanks in advance ;)

Why are you constantly going in and out of the program?  What are you going to?

If you exit the program, it is no longer running so there isn't anything we can do.

Never mind, I just discovered our old method of ensuring a single instance of the application is no longer working.  You are probably opening multiple instances of MBC.  If you hit back several times you may discover this.

This will improve with the next release so that only one instance can be running at once.  As long as you don't back out of it, going back in should take you right back to where you were instantly.

saitoh183

What i have done is that if im in MBC and i want to go into Recorded TV or watch Live TV in WMC, i simply press on the shortcut key on my Harmony to open the guide or to go directly to Recorded TV and when im done i simply hit the backspace and it goes right back into MBC at the location i was at. If you close MBC by actually exiting , as luke said, nothing can be done.

JoanC2

Thanks for as fast answers...

Never mind, I just discovered our old method of ensuring a single instance of the application is no longer working.  You are probably opening multiple instances of MBC.  If you hit back several times you may discover this.

Sure that's just what I was doing. What saitoh sais seems a good idea. I'll try.

And what about the splash screen? Can it be removed?

No the splash screen cannot be removed.  The only alternative is a blank screen and that is not a good idea.

JoanC2

Well, not yet a matter of life or death...

Anyway, can I at least change the screen? Maybe with some background image more to my taste?

Edited by JoanC2