2017 MU7000 - Text/buttons not displaying properly in app

NeauxGeaux

runtimesandbox

Experiencing the same issue on the Samsung UE40MU6120, assume this is waiting on the same update to be approved to fix the issue?

• 2 weeks later...

1.0.40 and 1.0.42 have launched for many 2017 and 2018 models.

Unfortunately if your model is part of the premium lineup, then the update for that is still in Samsung review. Thanks guys.

jmassaro87

Unfortunately if your model is part of the premium lineup, then the update for that is still in Samsung review. Thanks guys.

Oh this is great news! The MU8000 isn’t one of the premium lineup is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy

Is a  UN40M5300A considered "Premium"?

Can we somehow get a list or even a link to what is "Premium" and what isn't?

Thanks

So based on that UN40M5300A has been updated to 1.0.40. Now granted, it took so long to get approval that even the 1.0.40 release is several months old now. Some others got 1.0.42 which is much newer. We're going to immediately submit a new update. Thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

Sometimes it is a good thing to not go "Premium".

LOL

Hope that next update is faster than the last one. It is no wonder Philo Streaming Service isn't on Tizen yet.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I also have that link in the pinned status and release notes page if anyone needs it to figure out what TV they have and the current version available for them

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/31461-emby-for-samsung-status-release-notes-tizen-orsay/

I paid an extra $2000 for the privilege of getting the very old version 1.0.29 :)

invertedknife

hopefully that will not be another year...

darknessgp
From what I can tell from this list too is if you have a 4K TV, it's premium. I have the mu6300, which is in both lists. But mine is premium because it's 4K. Based on the link below, standard is 1080P only

https://developer.samsung.com/tv/develop/specifications/media-specifications/2017-tv-video-specifications

Edited by darknessgp

FrostByte

For 2017 that appears to be the case, but for other years like 2016 and 2018 there are UHD models which are standard.  Samsung changes their classification all the time

Yes, the U in your model number is for UHD, the other one you see M6300 is non-UHD of course

• 3 weeks later...
invertedknife

Luke, as an owner of a Samsung TV and lover of Emby, THANK YOU for fighting their review process! My wife and I were talking last night about the disappointing lack of different applications for our Samsung TV, her really wanting the comedy central app. Knowing that their review process can be extremely painful at times really makes sense why some companies probably just avoid it. But it's good to know that the Emby team is working on it.

what he said :)

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The update has finally been approved for 2017 premium models. Hopefully Samsung will launch it in the next few days. 2018 premium is the last one remaining with this issue and this is still waiting. Thanks.

• Like 1

invertedknife

The update has finally been approved for 2017 premium models. Hopefully Samsung will launch it in the next few days. 2018 premium is the last one remaining with this issue and this is still waiting. Thanks.

woot woot

darknessgp

Best news I've heard in a while. Crazy it took this long.

bls_fanatic

That's great news.  Do we know what is the version that is finally making it to the 2017 premium models?  Is it the 1.0.43?  Or given the time it took them to release it it is an older one such as 1.0.40?

Thanks

vodaholic

That's great news. Do we know what is the version that is finally making it to the 2017 premium models? Is it the 1.0.43? Or given the time it took them to release it it is an older one such as 1.0.40?

Thanks

Just checked my version and it's 1.0.44 updated today on mu8000

Yes, the 2017 Premium update just launched today. So now 2018 premium models are the last ones with this issue. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

vodaholic

Yes, the 2017 Premium update just launched today. So now 2018 premium models are the last ones with this issue. Thanks guys.

Thanks for keeping us updated and getting this pushed through Luke

bls_fanatic

Just checked my version and it's 1.0.44 updated today on mu8000

Yep confirmed here too: 1.0.44.  I did not have time to play with it a lot but way to go in improving the perfromance of the interface!

Sammy

@@Luke

Now to update the interface. We're still on the old Emby Theater interface here. Now that I've gotten used to the ShieldTV interface I want it everywhere..