2017 MU7000 - Text/buttons not displaying properly in app

NeauxGeaux

Then it hasn't actually been updated and the store is displaying that erroneously. We're still trying to get an update through.

bls_fanatic

Samsung UN40MU6290FXZC with software 1151.  Emby app in the store is still 1.0.29 supposedly updated on 04/19/2018.  The problem of the buttons is still present and I can't wait for the new version to be published by Samsung.  What version should we expect?  According to the release log we should be up to 1.0.40?  And 1.0.29 which is the one curently in the store is not in the release log?  It gets a little confusing.  When you post 1.0.40 it means that the Emby team has submitted to Samsung, is that it?  But after that there is no way to actually know when the app will hit the store?

Besides the button problem, honnestly I am impressed with the responsiveness and performance of the app.  Good job!

Edited by bls_fanatic

FrostByte

Samsung UN40MU6290FXZC with software 1151.  Emby app in the store is still 1.0.29 supposedly updated on 04/19/2018.  The problem of the buttons is still present and I can't wait for the new version to be published by Samsung.  What version should we expect?  According to the release log we should be up to 1.0.40?  And 1.0.29 which is the one curently in the store is not in the release log?  It gets a little confusing.  When you post 1.0.40 it means that the Emby team has submitted to Samsung, is that it?  But after that there is no way to actually know when the app will hit the store?

Besides the button problem, honnestly I am impressed with the responsiveness and performance of the app.  Good job!

The release notes contain the latest version released in the Store amongst all years/models of TVs.  Unfortunately, some years are still being tested by Samsung and don't have the latest.  I've added a comment to the release notes stating that not all years/models are on the same or latest release number.  Samsung seems to be taking a little longer on the latest years.  I'm way behind also on my 2018 set also.

I could try adding a section stating which year should have which release number.

Sammy

What email inbox can we hammer to get this done? Samsung really isn't helping out their owners by this as most Emby users are a bit more advanced than the typical bloke on the street and can work around issues like unplugging the network cable during playback.. JEEZ!

Our last submission was a month ago, it is still waiting for review.

obliojoe

Considering how careful they claim to be, I don't understand how the version we currently have ever got past these people. Cripes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
invertedknife

Considering how careful they claim to be, I don't understand how the version we currently have ever got past these people. Cripes.

yeah the irony is pretty strong

• Like 1

reuveng

Samsung made a mistake and now they are extra careful. I don't understand why the current half baked EMBY application was submitted to Samsung in the first place...

• Like 1

steveBCN

Is the app usable for this TV? I've just bought one thinking there would be full Emby availability and I'm very disappointed. I get as far as the messed up 'generate new pin' page but I have no idea where to go from there to log into the server on my PC (same home network, not remote).

FrostByte

Is the app usable for this TV? I've just bought one thinking there would be full Emby availability and I'm very disappointed. I get as far as the messed up 'generate new pin' page but I have no idea where to go from there to log into the server on my PC (same home network, not remote).

Did you enter the PIN into the website to connect?  Otherwise entering the IP manually works too.

2017 and 2018 TVs are still stuck in review for release 1.0.40 so we have an older release than others

Edited by FrostByte

steveBCN

Did you enter the PIN into the website to connect?  Otherwise entering the IP manually works too.

2017 and 2018 TVs are still stuck in review for release 1.0.40 so we have an older release than others

Thanks, I got it working manually eventually. There are other issues too it seems; I just got this TV today and I already regret it. Fingers crossed for the new release. 

• Like 1

jmassaro87

Thanks, I got it working manually eventually. There are other issues too it seems; I just got this TV today and I already regret it. Fingers crossed for the new release.

I’ve got the MU8000 and love it with the exception of the stupid dock with all the inputs on it that the tv literally will not function unless it plugged in. Otherwise everything works well. Small glitches with EMBY, but it works. Patiently waiting for the update since September...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

mini__me

Is there a way for us to sideload the new version? It’s embarrassing how long this is taking to release.

• 1 month later...
mini__me

Tweeting them did nothing...this is massively beyond a joke.

Is it possible to get instructions to sideload on these?

Not at this time. Everyone I message them for a status update I get the same canned message sent back to me.

Sammy

My next TV will not be a Samsung. I've been loyal to them for years now but no longer. 

How's Sony looking with the AndroidTV Emby App on it.

More important, hows the PQ on Sony? 

I know, off topic but it has been well over six months for this and Samsung will not be getting more money from me for TV's in the future..