2017 MU7000 - Text/buttons not displaying properly in app

NeauxGeaux

• 1 month later...
gsadasivan

Hi Luke, downloaded the application today. No luck, the interface is all messed up. When is the next version going to be available?

I see things like LabelServerHost and LabelServerPort.

Did some guess work and got it to connect to my server, but thought would report this!

I installed Emby server (3.2.60) and clients today. One on M Series (2017) and one on D Series. Videos that play on M series are not playing on D series.

• 2 weeks later...
mini__me

Just installed this on a UE40MU6120 in the UK and the buttons are messed up as per the original description of this thread.

• Like 1

inkubux

I also have the same issue on my new samsung TV.

Do you know when the release is going to be in the app store ?

• 2 weeks later...

The available versions are the same per country, but different per model as they're getting released in the order that samsung approves them.

obliojoe

Hi Luke. Thanks for the quick reply on a Sunday! I am brand new here, looking around, and I appreciate your responsiveness on these forums. It is a bit depressing to think that Samsung takes months to approve a software update. How in the world can a team maintain any kind of agile development cycle in that environment?!

Thanks again. Cheers!

obliojoe

They are not taking months. They are taking weeks but for 2017 we seem to have drawn their most difficult reviewer and they have been failing build after build for really obscure reasons that users will rarely ever come across. Like for example, start playing video, then move the app into the background and switch to another app and play video, then pull the network cable while video is playing, then press this button, that button, then go back to the Emby app and make sure the app responds this way instead of that way, etc.  We have had to spend the last couple months on these kinds of things just to get our other changes approved. We did recently reach out to them to ask why they considering these critical defects that warranted rejection, so they had another person look at it and that person couldn't reproduce any of it. So hopefully that has cleared the way a little bit.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
darknessgp

Luke, as an owner of a Samsung TV and lover of Emby, THANK YOU for fighting their review process! My wife and I were talking last night about the disappointing lack of different applications for our Samsung TV, her really wanting the comedy central app. Knowing that their review process can be extremely painful at times really makes sense why some companies probably just avoid it. But it's good to know that the Emby team is working on it.

Edited by darknessgp

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully our latest submission will be the one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
vodaholic

Any news on this? On my tv app store it says my version was updated on 10th April 2018 but I'm still getting the odd button labels.

Many thanks