Square Theme no longer available?

maltice

maltice

Hi,

I just rebuilt my media center and installed emby but can no longer see Square theme as an option in the plugin catalog. I searched high and low for others with this same issue but haven't seen anyone mention anything. Is it gone or is there something I can do to make it appear. I am a premiere member and have my code entered in the server config and was thinking maybe that is hiding the free themes?

Anyway, hope someone can shed some light.

Thanks!

maltice

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have it working on another machine and seems to be fine with the current builds. Is it hosted by the 3rd party? I suppose what I am asking is there anyway to find the install files anywhere just to get it running? Its the only theme I can stand! 

Thanks again.

jachin99

I think its under the emby programdata folder. It's probably called square.dll and there is likely a square.xml configuration file. If you find them could you share them?

throgmorton

Not that I use that theme but I was able to install it easy enough through Emby for WMC simply in the Configurations -> Plug-ins -> Plugin Catalog it was there and installed no problems.

• Like 1

maltice

Well, luckily I was able to find the .dll and the accompanying folder on an old hard drive where I had it previously installed. Copy and pasted over to the ProgramData / MediaBrowser / Plugins folder and it worked. 

Still doesn't show up in the plugins catalog even though Throg mentioned he was able to see and install it the other day.

-Maltice

throgmorton

Still doesn't show up in the plugins catalog even though Throg mentioned he was able to see and install it the other day.

-Maltice

That's pretty weird does it show up on your Server? Meaning do you see all the themes if you go to manage your server click Plugins -> Catalog -> Emby for Windows Media Center (drop down), then go down to Themes tab?

I'm wondering if it could be dependent on the version of Emby you have installed on your WMC system.  I know when coding in the past we were able to set the minimum version number of Emby/MB that is required for theme to function.  So maybe the plugin catalog is smart enough, and will not show any incompatible plugins.  On my install I'm pretty sure I have the latest beta (310??)

maltice

I just reinstalled everything from scratch the other day so I should be running the latest stable builds of the server and the WMC Emby app.

Once I copied the square.dll and accompanying folder with the xml, etc into the plugins folder, I can now see it as an option in the config screen of the WMC app. That said, if I go to 'manage server' click Plugins -> Catalog -> Emby for Windows Media Center (drop down), then go down to Themes tab, I only see these options [images attached] (square is not listed):

-malt

post-8596-0-73847200-1511534464_thumb.png

post-8596-0-61903300-1511534538_thumb.png

Edited by maltice

maltice

If I go to the Plugin catalog within EMC, it doesn't show there either as an option. Not sure why It's not showing up as an option (pic attached even though I can't show every choice in the screenshot [its def not there as an option]).

Just for the record, I do have it working now (since I was able to find the dll and files and such from a previous hard drive) <--Just in case that wasn't clear. 

At this point, I'm just curious why its not an option if others still see it as one.

-malt

post-8596-0-04417900-1511535629_thumb.png

maltice

Yeah!  That's what I thought was going on. I can't see any free themes (besides chocolate that is).

Oh well. At some point, maybe I can try not putting in my emby premiere number and see if they show up.

-m