chromecast on ios

joesph

sfnetwork

I don't have Youtube on my phone.  I do have Plex, though, and am able to use it to Cast to my ChromeCast.

Would you prefer I install Youtube and try it that way?  I figured if it works in Plex it should work the same in youtube.

Just for fun, can you try reboot the CC and force iOS MB client to close then reopen it?

moviefan

I rebooted ChromeCast, rebooted my  phone, no dice.  I then force closed and reopened MB and also no go.  Then I tried to play from Plex and it worked fine again....

Can someone just tell me if the phone app is detecting the CC or if it getting that information that is is available from the server?

sfnetwork

Try installing any of the supported app like vevo, YouTube, songza, etc... just to test one more than Plex to confirm MB iOS client is the only one not seeing the CC.

Also, do you have ChromeCast app installed on it? And does it see the CC?

Sent from Tapatalk.

Edited by sfnetwork

• 1 month later...
qrichou

Ok so i'm new to the forum but been using MB for ages and its absolutely awesome, wasn't sure if i should start a new thread or not.......

I have just got a Chromecast for the bedroom up stairs but i cannot get get the MB iOS iPhone app to cast to it no matter what id do. The app also seems unable to cast to any other devices on my network but it can play media from the server on my iPhone.

I can connect the app to the Chromecast so the blue ready to cast screen comes up but as soon as i try and play media to it i just get the spinning blue wheel and nothing ever plays. I have looked through the MB logs and cant seem to find/figure out why its not working. 

I can get iPlayer, Youtube, PhotoCast etc to play through the Chromecast no problem.

Another thing is that the web client doesn't see the Chromecast on any devices, i thought i read that you could cast from the web client/server to the Chromecast but Im not sure.

Edited by qrichou