chromecast on ios

joesph

joesph

I am a newbie. I am trying it out on my machine. The only thing I want is Chromecast ability on my iphone and ipad(later). Don't want to buy an Android phone/tablet just to have this functionality.

I saw that android got this ability on the phone and tablet.

Are there any plans to add this functionality to IOS.

Eagerly waiting for the news.

Good work.

Thanks,

foghat

I believe chromecast support is going to be in the next version of the ios app.  And rumor has it, the updated app should be available soon.

darwindeeds

You might have to wait on the remote screen access. I know it is a very usual feature but I'm focusing all my development time into iPad so I will add it on a follow up update.

• Like 1

foghat

You might have to wait on the remote screen access. I know it is a very usual feature but I'm focusing all my development time into iPad so I will add it on a follow up update.

How is the iphone app testing coming along?

foghat

It looks good. I'm going to submit to the app store. 

Fookin' eh! Music to my ears! Made my day! Now that's what I'm talking about! Let it happen' captn'! Best news ever!

• Like 1

Ghostm

Speaking of chromecast was talking to redshirt about this (wife has android i just switched to apple) plex added chromecast mirroring which is pretty cool, you can display and search your library on your tv so when you have guests over and you want to pick something to watch its all displayed on screen.

Would be cool to see that level of chromecast integration. They also show album artwork when streaming music to chromecast which is also cool. 

Edited by Ghostm
  • Like 1

Bigvat

Can't Wait!!! I bought my Chromecast 2 weeks ago and dying to be able to use this feature.

@ Ghostm -Chromecast mirroring sounds so good I almost feel like it's too good to be true... 

Edited by Bigvat

foghat

Hi, any word on if this has been submitted?

Ghostm

Ya, im hoping soon, right now the remote function is unusable which has not gone over to well with the family. Im just concerned with server updates if this will be happening frequently where features will stop working. I just switched to an iphone 2 weeks ago. 

Hopefully this forum gets a bit more active to. Surely almost as many or as many users of mb3 have idevices as android. 

Edited by Ghostm

foghat

Ya, im hoping soon, right now the remote function is unusable which has not gone over to well with the family. Im just concerned with server updates if this will be happening frequently where features will stop working. I just switched to an iphone 2 weeks ago. 

Hopefully this forum gets a bit more active to. Surely almost as many or as many users of mb3 have idevices as android.

Have you been able to get roomie working to control mbt? I've got it doing pretty much everything I need with the help of mce controller.

darwindeeds

Latest version is in the app store now.  does not look like the remote is working though....

on the plus side ffmpeg.exe on the server now terminates when you stop a movie.  And the player seems to be much improved.

Can you explain the issue that you are facing with remote in controlling chromecast?

Ghostm

Yea, i have mce controller working right now as well, still hoping for xbmc like integration support though from roomie. I would really like some feedback details.

All is well but it seems well except the ability to play DVD folder rips has that been removed?

Chromecast is well for you?

foghat

Latest version is in the app store now.  does not look like the remote is working though....

on the plus side ffmpeg.exe on the server now terminates when you stop a movie.  And the player seems to be much improved.

foghat

Can you explain the issue that you are facing with remote in controlling chromecast?

Hey ya.  If I try control mbt, it can find the machine, display what is playing and shows the duration no problem.  But trying to pause, fast forward or rewind does not work.

This issue is not new to this new version however.  This stopped working on the old version as well with one of the new server releases - I think the last server release, but can't be certain as I don't use the remote that often.

Edit, sorry not sure if it works with chromecast not.  I know this a chromecast thread - I was kind of posting in the wrong thread I guess (too many conversations going on).  Sorry.

Edited by foghat

foghat

do you see the same issue with the remote in the web client?

yes.  The first button press (pause, ffwd, etc) looks like it is trying to do something (i.e. the little flash/animation on the button), but does nothing.  Each subsequent press doesn't even show an animation.  Same when controlling mbt.

And the entire time the remote is on, there is the little 'loading' animation being displayed - like it is trying to still load something

Edited by foghat

ok then Shiv, nothing to worry about here. It's probably mbt related.

Are you using the internal player with mbt? None of these functions work with external players, other than just being able to press play and start it. If that's not it, you'd have to supply server and mbt logs.

J e f f

Chromecast is well for you?

No Luke I don't have chrome cast sorry. I was hoping to be able to use the remote (choose a client feature) to send video to my Samsung smart TV and not need a chrome cast. I noticed that my iPhone or iPad would no longer play DVD rips. Is this something that will be supported in the future or will I need to purchase a chrome cast? And if I do will play the DVD rips?

Edited by J e f f