Not reading local artwork

LittleNemo512

LittleNemo512

So I have 1 Issue and 1 question

Issue:  I reinstalled Emby in hopes that it would make things faster and it is still using the old images it had before I reinstalled.  Basically Emby isn't using local artist artwork.  My folder structure is correct and artist images are named folder.jpg.  Artist artwork from my Music folder works properly on everything else I have tried it on but I'm not sure what the issue is here.

Question:  I want to delete the entire library.db and image cache and basically everything on Emby so I can make everything new and start from scratch.  I know I have to access the servers files.  However, there is no place on the internet or the wiki or the forums that gives a proper instruction of this.  Do I need to FTP, SSH?  What username do I use...my NAS login or my Emby login.  Emby connect or Emby username.  Because I have tried all this and nothing has worked.

LittleNemo512

Artists are using artwork which look like scrobbled artwork.  However, for my music library I have "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" unchecked and "Automatically refresh metadata from the internet:" set to Never.  So I don't understand why its still showing artwork at all.

I want to know how to rebuild so I can clear out the cache in the future.  I reinstalled in the first place because it was taking 3-8 minutes to load the landing page.  Now I want to know so I can clean everything without losing all my settings

The reason is because Emby Server treats those artist folders as just folders, and nothing more. So the fact that you've named it as an artist folder and put an image inside doesn't equal the artist image.

The reason we do this is to be able to allow for mish mash folder structures. It is often difficult to detect if a folder is actually intended to be an artist folder, or not.

Does this answer your question?