How to Set up XBMB3C

Sateze
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

Sateze

I'm relatively new at this so, forgive me if my questions sound basic to some members here. I just Installed and enabled XBMB3C version 8.5 using XBMC version 12.3 on a Windows 7 pro machine, and I keep getting "XBMB3C URL Error: Unable to connect to Server" an when I click "ok" I get another error "Script Failed!: Plugin.Video. XBMB3C". Using my Android phone I'm able to my movie folder on the Win7 machine and play the movie. This means that Webserver is working. On XBMC In the Services-> Settings-> Webserver-> I have Username=xbmc and Password= I left it blank. I used the local IP address of 192.168.X.XX of my Win7 machine. It should be noted however that looking at the System Info tab and then Network, there is an IP Address (169.254.XXX.XXX) that is not even part of my LAN or my external IP address. What is that 169.XXX.XXX.XXX for. I have spent a few days reading and searching this forum for answers from old posts, without success. Any tutorial or help to get my XBMB3C operational will be highly appreciated.

What are the configurations or settings that I have to enter or activate to make XBMB3C to work in the following tabs below?

Media Browser:

Primary Server Address:

Port Number:

Username:     

Password:

Network:

And any other fields that need to be activated or deactivated

Network:

Samba User Name:

Samba Password:

Media Data: Should they all be left at Default settings?

Advanced: What fields need to be activated?

im85288

I'm relatively new at this so, forgive me if my questions sound basic to some members here. I just Installed and enabled XBMB3C version 8.5 using XBMC version 12.3 on a Windows 7 pro machine, and I keep getting "XBMB3C URL Error: Unable to connect to Server" an when I click "ok" I get another error "Script Failed!: Plugin.Video. XBMB3C". Using my Android phone I'm able to my movie folder on the Win7 machine and play the movie. This means that Webserver is working. On XBMC In the Services-> Settings-> Webserver-> I have Username=xbmc and Password= I left it blank. I used the local IP address of 192.168.X.XX of my Win7 machine. It should be noted however that looking at the System Info tab and then Network, there is an IP Address (169.254.XXX.XXX) that is not even part of my LAN or my external IP address. What is that 169.XXX.XXX.XXX for. I have spent a few days reading and searching this forum for answers from old posts, without success. Any tutorial or help to get my XBMB3C operational will be highly appreciated.

What are the configurations or settings that I have to enter or activate to make XBMB3C to work in the following tabs below?

Media Browser:

Primary Server Address:

Port Number:

Username:     

Password:

Network:

Network:

Samba User Name:

Samba Password:

Media Data: Should they all be left at Default settings?

Advanced: What fields need to be activated?

You should only need to fill in the primary server address, port number (usually 8096) and username and password if required. It does as the post above mentioned require the Media Browser Server to be installed first though....this is where the XBMB3C plugin connects too for accessing your data.

So first step is to install the server. Then point XBMB3C at the ip address of the server.

If all this still fails can you post your xbmc Log file as it may help to isolate the problems.

Vidman

If mb3 server is installed on the same computer as your xbmc you can enter the IP address as 127.0.0.1 and port 8096

Vidman

You use that address when outside of your Home network. ...if the ports are forwarded to the mb3 server machine ...for use with mobile devices

Edited by Vidman

im85288

Why is my Remote access have my external IP address in my Media Browser3 server: http://xx.xx.xxx.xx:8096/mediabrowser instead of my local IP address? But when I replace the external IP with my local PC address, I'm able to log into Media Browser3 server.

Looks like you managed to get this set up properly, can you mark the thread as answered/solved? Thanks

• 9 months later...

I am having similar problems, however i am on Windows 8 and i have downloaded Kodi v14 Helix. Can anyone help please. Whenever i open the app, it says "Error: Unable to connect to server".