No playlist visible for DLNA client (controlled via web)?

nonplus

When controlling a DLNA client via Emby, I cannot queue or "play next". When I click these options, the music intended to be queued (I only tried with Music) starts to play immediately.

Also, when opening the "Remote control" for the DLNA client, no playlist is visible.

So my question is: is it intended behaviour that no playlist is available for DLNA clients that are controlled via web?  And that hence all playlist-related features are unavailable?

Thanks

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

It's being worked on and I'm hoping we'll have it in the next major release. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Zwembadman

Hi everyone,

I am rather new to EmBy, having been swayed by the DLNA-support (especially the option to control DLNA players from the server). Being able to see the playlist while casting would indeed be very valuable.

Are there any updates on the roadmap for this feature?

Many thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
gallaamstart

I have been using emby for about a year now and also purchased premium lifetime, love it!

Since i now also have DLNA speakers (Vifa Stockholm/Copenhagen 2.0) this is an issue i really struggle with. Good to know its not my fault in setting up things and i am not alone, a fix would be highly appreciated :)

• 3 months later...
MembyR

Is there an update on this? This functionality would be really appreciated (DLNA works very snappy, but it just adds one song (on my Denon AVR at least) and plays it repeatedly. kinda kills the usability) :)