Chromecast - control background images

roseap

First off, want to say that I absolutely love the emby software. It had just about everything I could ever ask for in this kind of system. Thanks!

We make heavy use of the users and ratings, so that kids can stream and download stuff appropriate for them, and the wife and I have full access. We also heavily use the Chromecast streaming feature (which is what initially caused me to find Emby). When I set my phone to stream to the Chromecast connected to the TV, but before it starts playing media, it shows a random image from a movie or TV show, which is cool, except that some of our content has covers that might not be appropriate for the kids. I imagine the covers that appear are controlled by the user that connected to the Chromecast? If so, that generally solves the problem, I have a tablet that has a "family" profile that matches the content-rating access the kids have, and that's probably what I should use to start shows for them on the TV. But... I just know that some time I'm going to connect my phone to the TV without thinking about it and my kids are going to start asking me a lot of questions I'm not quite ready to answer. ;)

So, there are probably a lot of ways to fix that, and maybe there's a setting I'm unaware of that already solves the need. Maybe easiest thing would be a setting that disables random image previews when connecting to Chromecast? Next level up would be a content rating for that random image (ie: exclude images from movies/TV above PG-13)?

Thanks

I imagine the covers that appear are controlled by the user that connected to the Chromecast? If so, that generally solves the problem, 

Yes this is true. We do actually already limit to PG-13 as the max rating for these backdrops.