Photo

Windows 7 Media Center, Hauppauge 2250, Envy Server - record TV?

wintv7 hauppauge 2250 media center live tv record tv dual tuner windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Goros OFFLINE  

Goros

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Local time: 03:57 AM

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Hi all

I'm in the process of coming back to emby from Plex and had a question about live TV and recording TV.

I'm doing a clean install and need to install the driver package for the 2250 - yes I know it's older.

There are 2 versions, the standard windows drivers and the media center drivers. Any idea which needs to be installed to mesh with emby correctly, so I can use it as a pvr? I've also seen mixed reports of being able to use emby for livetv, but not with the 2250. Any workarounds?

Thanks for the help.

#2 Goros OFFLINE  

Goros

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Title should be "emby server" but didn't catch the autocorrect on my tablet. Whoops.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156918 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

Hi, welcome. Are you on windows? If so you can use your tuner with Emby by installing next pvr. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

#4 Goros OFFLINE  

Goros

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:56 PM

Yeah... if you read the whole post I was asking about which drivers to use...plain old windows or do I use the media center drivers?

Not sure if emby runs anything thru WMC on the record button or not. Don't want to get stuck installing/removing/reinstalling drivers if someone has some experience with this specific card.

Thanks for the tip about nextpvr.

Edited by Goros, 19 November 2017 - 10:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wintv7, hauppauge 2250, media center, live tv, record tv, dual tuner, windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users