Emby for kodi conflicts with Betaseries subtitles addon

tchirou

tchirou

Hello Guys

I rely heavily on a french tv show subtitles addon called betaseries. You can download the repo here : https://github.com/skylex/xbmc-betaseries/raw/master/repository.betaseries/repository.betaseries-1.0.0.zip

I ran 2 tests :

- one with fresh installed kodi from scratch with only betaseries addon

- one with fresh installed kodi from scratch with betaseries addon and emby for kodi addon

The episodeid which are given are different when Emby for Kodi is installed. When Emby for Kodi is installed, the betaseries addon does not find anything because it is looking for something else than usual

The kodi log for the version without Emby : https://pastebin.com/cXh3mzPB

The epidoseid given is 540372 (which works)

The kodi log for the version with Emby : https://pastebin.com/7Q6QRwzD

The epidoseid given is 784154 (which does not work)

My knowledge ends here unfortunately. I don't know what these episodeid refer to as they are different than the ones from tvdb for instance.

I ran the tests twice, on windows and on android tv with kodi 17.3, kodi, 17.5, Kodi 17.6. So it is not machine related

The emby server is on a synology NAS. I can provide a log but I am not sure it is useful for this problem.

It would be great if someone could take a look. Maybe it is linked to the problem with episodeid which cause trakt for kodi problems ?

Anyway, many thanks in advance

Edited by tchirou

im85288

I’m not 100% but I think it may work correctly if you make sure to choose use direct paths when syncing the Emby media to your kodi library. Using direct paths in general in kodi provides more compatibility with other kodi addons.

im85288

Yes that is what I meant, did you do a full reset after changing to native paths? If not you have to reset completely which you can find in the advanced settings I think.

tchirou

I had native paths already when I noticed the problem

I installed from scratch on another machine to setup addon path

Then I reseted everything (deleted all addons and userdata folders) and tried native paths again

Edited by tchirou

Angelblue05

How are you starting playback? Widget or from within the library in Kodi? We don't set up anything for native paths so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

1. 12:38:49.395 T:8684   DEBUG: service.subtitles.betaseries: after item = {'episode': '3', 'season': '1', 'tvshow': u'Blindspot', 'uilang': 'French', 'year': '2015', 'path': u'nfs://x/volume1/video/Series/Blindspot/Blindspot.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv', 'langs': ['en']}
  2. 12:38:49.395 T:8684   DEBUG: service.subtitles.betaseries: entering search_subtitles()
  3. 12:38:49.396 T:8684   DEBUG: service.subtitles.betaseries: after filename = blindspot.s01e03.720p.hdtv.x264-dimension
  4. 12:38:49.397 T:8684   DEBUG: service.subtitles.betaseries: after subteams = ['dimension', 'lol|sys|dim']
  5. 12:38:49.401 T:9956   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Custom_1101_SettingsList.xml) ------
  6. 12:38:49.403 T:8684   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMovieId (nfs://x/volume1/video/Series/Blindspot/Blindspot.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv), query = select idMovie from movie where idFile=6
  7. 12:38:49.403 T:8684   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (nfs://x/volume1/video/Series/Blindspot/Blindspot.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=6

No idea why it says where idFile=6, where did it get that value from.

Edited by Angelblue05

tchirou

Hum I didn’t remember what I used specifically for these logs so I just tried both from widget and from kodi library and the result is the same, it does not work

But I just noticed a reproducible bug : I have setup BetaSeries for tv shows and subscene for movies

When I play a tv show from kodi library and I want it to download a subtitle, it is already on betaseries like it is supposed to. If I play it from a widget, it is on subscene, like it was thinking it was a movie instead of a tv show

Dunno if that helps you for this bug or for another or if you already were aware of it

Thanks for your input :)

tchirou

Of course. You meant for the default subtitle service problem, right ?

Actually, this bug happens on my main Kodi which is 17.6 on nvidia shield tv. It does not happen on my test machine with Kodi 17.3 on a windows 7 laptop. On this one, the default subtitle service is launched through the most recent widget of estuary and from the kodi library.

On the shield, the bug happens both with regular estuary and estuary mod V2.

The log for playing an episode through Kodi library (default subtitle service for tv show {betasries} is used) : https://pastebin.com/nVXAxCuh

The log for playing an episode through most recent estuary widget (default subtitle service for tv show {betaseries} is not used, default subtitle service for movies {opensubtitles} is used instead) : https://pastebin.com/ZPSzuGLD

I tried to change the default services inside out but no luck. You can notice than even if the tv show I used for these logs is different than the one I used earlier today, for the betaseries service, it has the same showid : 14750

For the record, I used SPMC Jarvis on my shield until 3 weeks ago when I decided to import my settings into kodi to start using Emby for Kodi add-on. I also started to use estuary mod v2 and tinker with a bunch of settings. I don't know when the problem of the default subtitle service for tv show started to appear. Maybe right away after the migration to kodi, maybe later. For the problem of betaseries not working, It must be just after migration, but as a lot of episodes have already french subs, I haven't noticed this right away.

To be honest, for my personal situation, I can set betaseries as the default service for both tv shows and movies as we watch tv shows more frequently than mmovies and i don't mind having to switch to subscene or opensubtitle manually with the remote for movies.

Betaseries not working at all is more bothering (especially for the wife who really needs to download french subs when they are not already in the mkv)

And this does not work on any machine with emby for kodi add-on.

Thanks !

Angelblue05

It is weird. The only thing I notice is with the add-on, the information is pre-populated.

{'episode': '1', 'season': '1', 'tvshow': u"Marvel's The Punisher", 'uilang': 'French', 'year': '2017', 'path': u"nfs://x/volume1/video/Series/Marvel's The Punisher/marvels.the.punisher.s01e01.1080p.web.x264-s.mkv", 'langs': ['en', 'fr']}

working:

{'episode': '', 'season': '', 'tvshow': u'', 'uilang': 'French', 'year': '', 'path': u'nfs://x/volume1/video/Series/Blindspot/Blindspot.S01E03.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv', 'langs': ['en']}
Edited by Angelblue05

tchirou

For my test without the addon, I didn’t setup a kodi library, I directly played through nfs after adding the video path without a category.

Angelblue05

Ah... do you mind setting up so I can compare results? You can setup an additional kodi profile to test without the add-on and setting up a library. Really, the goal here is figure out in what way native path differ from an original kodi setup. The point of native path is to emulate an original kodi setup. Thank you.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Interesting. So something is different when the information is pre-populated. Will keep looking into the original code of the betaseries add-on.

• Like 1

tchirou

Great

Let me know if I can be of assistance

Many many thanks for your time

I’ll make sure to buy you a glass of French wine through your signature :D

Angelblue05

I figured the issue. We fill the information based with the imdb number, not tvdb. That's why it returns the same show. Will do more testing.

Angelblue05

Ok. I will have to modify the behavior of the add-on. I don't understand why it was decided to ever fill with the imdb id when it was set to tvdb. That's not correct, Kodi uses tvdb for shows.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

tchirou

Hello

This is great ! Congrats on finding this. Is this was always this way ? Or was it changed recently ?

This thing could related to a lot of trakt for kodi problems, couldn’t it ? Because I notic d for the last days that when I play a show, trakt website shows something like 80 plays at the same time for the same episode. And it only scrobbles the first episode of the first episode of a show. And and I have random plays of random shows in the trakt history.

When do you think the modification you intend to do will hit the public ?

Thanks a lot

Angelblue05

I'll have more time by Monday. Maybe, I'd have to check the history of changes. And not sure about trakt. I guess it would happen if you are using the trakt kodi addon instead of the server trakt plugin.

Edit: thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

tchirou

You are welcome

The change you intend to do may correct this issue I think : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52545-trakt-kodi-add-on-and-emby-add-on-not-scrobbling/

The comment for the trakt dev shines a new light

Thanks again and have great weekend

Let me know If I can test something for you

Otherwise, if you can just drop me a message here when the update should hit us, because I can become obsessive and check everyday if the addon autopuodated :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Try the build here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53022-items-missing-or-merged-with-another-item-when-syncing-kodi-with-emby-using-pluginvideoemby/?p=513143

You could try the repair database  > tvshows. I believe it will correct this, but if it doesn't then a database reset to be safe.

Let me know if it resolves your issue.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

tchirou

Hi

I managed to ran it on a test machine before going to work and it works !

Both for betaseries and the trakt tv scrobbling issue.

Great great job

Thanks a lot !

• Like 1