Question about creating a new recording in NextPVR

jordy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi @@Luke,

I cannot create a new recording in Emby Server using the NextPVR plugin. Emby just updated the plugin to v3.1.6.0.

As I haven't been able to create a new scheduled recording for a while, I thought I would check and see if it was now working. Unfortunately it is still not working.

Process:

Restart Emby Server

Go Straight to Live TV / Guide

Select a show and then select Record

Result:

A never ending spinning circle and errors in log.

No new scheduled recording is created.

Versions:

Emby Server: 3.2.36.12 beta

NextPVR Program: 4.0.4

NextPVR Plugin: 3.1.6.0

Note: If I create a new scheduled recording directly in the NextPVR app/program, Emby picks it up and it gets recorded as scheduled.

Log attached.

Thanks

server-63646603895.txt

An error came back from next pvr, or the plugin interpreted a next pvr response incorrectly. I am not sure what it means. Perhaps @@Sven can take a look.

An error came back from next pvr, or the plugin interpreted a next pvr response incorrectly. I am not sure what it means. Perhaps @@Sven can take a look.

Thanks @@Luke.

@@Sven or @@sub3, any chance of you guys looking at it?

Thanks

EDIT: NextPVR logs attached.

logs-20171118-1714.zip

Edited by jordy

It looks like you're trying to schedule the recording of a show that doesn't exist. My guess - in NextPVR the EPG was updated after Emby read the TV listings, and Emby is trying to use old, no longer valid show IDs.

I think he just explained why it's happening. NextPvr data changed and Emby hadn't refreshed yet. You may want to adjust the schedule of your guide refresh.

Yep, I have NextPVR Guide update scheduled for 2am and I used to have Emby scheduled to get the updated guide at 4am. However, it seems that somewhere along the way the 4am Guide Update was reset to default (not sure what time that is but it must be sometime prior to 2am).

Looks like I forgot to redo the Guide schedule when I last re-installed the server.

Question: should/does the Backup plugin capture and restore Scheduled Task run times, whether default or modified? If not then perhaps it should :)

emveepee

In checking the server logs I noticed a small bug in this call

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/NextPVR/blob/master/MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr/LiveTvService.cs#L870

It is messing the = sign as correctly  show as this line.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/NextPVR/blob/master/MediaBrowser.Plugins.NextPvr/LiveTvService.cs#L663

The impact would only be if the sid is required from a remote IP.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am using the NextPVR plugin as the recording backend. Currently I am unable to click on a show in the guide (in Emby Web App) and choose Record. It results in infinite spinning circle. This was working as of yesterday. A reboot of Emby Server and nextPVR recording service did not resolve. As a work around, I used the nextPVR software to schedule the recording. Both Emby + nextPVR logs attached. Thank you.

live-tv-cannot-record.zip

logs-20171130-1714.zip

I don't know next pvr well enough to answer this but i will give an educated guess. next pvr is returning a 404 not found error code when trying to schedule the recording, which suggests that emby is trying to schedule something that doesn't exist.

That in turn suggests that emby's guide data is out of date so you need to coordinate the refresh schedules of both next pvr and emby so that emby stays up to date.

If you have an hd homerun tuner, consider using that without the next pvr plugin so that you won't have as many moving parts to manage all at once.

Oh I just saw this thread (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53013-question-about-creating-a-new-recording-in-nextpvr/) - same problem, whoops. :P

You're right, just a refresh fixed it. I have nextPVR update at 3AM so I will schedule Emby to refresh its guide at 4AM to keep everything happy.

I have an HDHR Quatro but it had poorer signal quality than the dual tuner Hauppauge that I use right now (Hauppauge picks up fine, HDHR could not), and I also needed a way to do a manual timed recording (which I believe has not yet been implemented in Emby), so I had to go back to this setup.