Green "Check" for viewed items is corrupt

BEis

On my Apple TV 4th Gen, it seems that the graphic for the check mark has become corrupted. I'm referring to the check mark used for viewed items. Instead of a check, I see a green circle with a white box outline. The numbers are correct (for unviewed episodes) ... but any TV show that has all episodes viewed, or any movie that has been viewed, has this weird looking box instead of a check mark.

I've tried reinstalling the app from scratch, and I've also tried rebooting the Apple TV. This problem doesn't occur on the web app, or my iPad or iPhone apps. Only on the Apple TV.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Blake

Hmmm.... That graphic is actually generated by the server and it may rely on a specific font on the server to do that.  What is the platform of your server and has it changed in conjunction with this happening?

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly. My server is on a Mac Mini, running macOS Sierra. I'm actually a recent convert from Plex, and I only installed Emby yesterday. So I think this problem has been there from the start.

Like I said, though, all other platforms are showing the checkmark correctly, which is why I thought it was something to do with the Apple TV.

The Apple TV app may be the only one still relying on the server to produce this graphic.  Luke, what font does he need to be sure he has on his Mac?

You mean webdings?

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=webdings&type=

Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick/PlayedIndicatorDrawer.cs and Emby.Drawing.Skia/PlayedIndicatorDrawer.cs both appear to download the font to use.

The problem looks like Emby.Drawing.Net/PlayedIndicatorDrawer.cs isn't downloading the font, but just expecting it to exist.

Edited by speechles

Ok, I think i have this resolved. It will take a couple releases though since the upcoming release has already in process of being packaged. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is meant to be fixed in 3.2.50, but I just updated, and it's not entirely fixed. Now I'm getting a check, but also still the weird box as well. Is there a cache or something I need to clear in order to resolve this? I rebooted, just to be sure.

Also, some movies have the check and the box, others have just the box, and finally unwatched movies don't have anything (which is correct). But I can't figure out why some have just the box, and others have the check and the box. Both are indicating watched movies.

See screenshot:

5a2749c7c369f_IMG_0045.jpg

I wanted to wait a bit to see if it cleared up on its own, but it is still showing the box and check side by side.

Is there a detailed "uninstall" procedure, or does uninstalling simply involved deleting the app or overwriting it with a new version?

Ok, so either I'm a dolt, or something isn't working the way it's supposed to.

Quit Emby.

Deleted the Emby server app.

Deleted the Emby Apple TV app. (I wasn't sure which app you were referring to so I deleted both)

Deleted the images directory inside the cache directory (/emby-server/cache/images/).

Reinstalled Emby 3.2.50.0 server.

Reinstalled the Apple TV app (from TestFlight).

Restarted Emby server,

After this, I opened Emby on the Apple TV, and the annoying boxes were still there.

I'm stumped. It's not a huge deal, it's just annoying...

We're redoing these indicators in the app rather than having the server draw them, so I think it should be resolved with the next release of the app, thanks.

Is there anything that needs to be done to get these to appear? I'm not seeing any indicators at all now, for watched or unwatched movies. Although I do see numbers for collections that contain one or more unwatched movies, or series that contain more than one unwatched episode. But the check marks are not showing up for watched items.

I've restarted the app, and also restarted the server. Let me know if I need to do anything else...

Awesome! It's finally working, and looks great.

I know this was a minor issue because it doesn't affect playback or anything, but it's really been bugging me because it was an eyesore. Looks great now, thanks for fixing it!

• 3 weeks later...
mgworek

Not sure if I should mention this here or post new topic. I have used the app in a few months. I used it today under tv shows, I get green circles but it doesn't  list the number of unwatched episodes. Just the green circle is there. It told me there was a new version. I updated it but still just the green circles.

Not sure if I should mention this here or post new topic. I have used the app in a few months. I used it today under tv shows, I get green circles but it doesn't list the number of unwatched episodes. Just the green circle is there. It told me there was a new version. I updated it but still just the green circles.

Can you post a screenshot please?