Searching for Metadata

PoBear

PoBear

I have a question about manually collecting metadata in MB3. I have searched the forum and can't see any answer.

I am a recent convert to MB3 previously I have been collecting metadata with the original version of MetaBrowser which worked well, but is not having problems where the metadata sources have been updated.

One of its features allows you search for a TV programme or film and get a list of likely candidates back so if you have a different spelling or there are two versions of a film you can select which one to use.

I can't find a similar feature in MB3? I have a number of TV Series and Films that have been misnamed or the wrong version selected, I know I could go in and manually correct the base data so it is a better fit, but it sort of defeats the object of automatic collection if you have to go to theTVdb, etc..

If it's not available, is it something that could be provided, perhaps an error file could be produced which the user can then process through MB3 by providing extra information?

Thanks in advance

Edited by PoBear

Latchmor

it's coming in the next server release actually.

..and it's pretty good. I have a show from a comedian that wasn't getting recognized and using this new feature discovered that someone had entered a strange name for it on tvdb. Quick search, click on correct one, save, done.

;)

Latchmor

Hi, sorry I'm on the dev releases so no idea when this feature hits. The speed that @@Luke and his team move I don't think you'll be waiting too long... don't quote me though!!

Cheers