Emby Web App on my fridge

jachin99

jachin99

It's good it's working for you but I can see future updates being hit and miss.  It might be good to not allow automatic app updates in the fridge and be picky about updating emby

Mpmarvin999
9 minutes ago, jachin99 said:

It's good it's working for you but I can see future updates being hit and miss.  It might be good to not allow automatic app updates in the fridge and be picky about updating emby

You are absolutely correct. But the problem is I really don't have a source to check to see when it's good to update. They way I see it I guess I would be sucker uhhh.. intrepid adventurer.

I think for now though I'll probably freeze updates as everything seems to be running well

Can you please attach an emby server log from after using it? I'm curious to see what the browser's user agent is. Thanks.

jachin99

It would be cool but automating it would be tricky, I.E. how would you automatically bring up a browser and open it to the right page?  Of course it's easy to just pin a web page to the home screen.

Mpmarvin999

Just when I thought I was out of the woods, the trees keep pulling me in!!

Well I jumped on the Lifetime Emby pass , over course, and I built a NAS. Well I bought a Synology box and threw in some memory and drives and installed Emby on it. Works great on every client except, you guessed it, the Samsung Fridge. For some reason it doesn't even try to connect. On the fridge I have to connect through the emby site. It sees the NAS but won't connect.

Suddenly cannot connect remotely? : r/emby

That's not the actual image from the screen but that's the message

Edited by Mpmarvin999

Mpmarvin999
9 hours ago, jachin99 said:

It doesn't seem like that would be fridge related.  Are you using the new servers ip or a web url

Web URL, but your question just reminded me. At no point was I prompted to enter the server ip. Thanks for the help. I’ll let you know how it goes

On 12/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, Mpmarvin999 said:

Just when I thought I was out of the woods, the trees keep pulling me in!!

Well I jumped on the Lifetime Emby pass , over course, and I built a NAS. Well I bought a Synology box and threw in some memory and drives and installed Emby on it. Works great on every client except, you guessed it, the Samsung Fridge. For some reason it doesn't even try to connect. On the fridge I have to connect through the emby site. It sees the NAS but won't connect.

Suddenly cannot connect remotely? : r/emby

That's not the actual image from the screen but that's the message

What are you trying to use, the web browser?

Mpmarvin999
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What are you trying to use, the web browser?

Yes, there is no app for the fridge. I got it to work by "adding server".  What threw me was the fact that it was listed as a server but didnt work. Once I added it everything was fine.

So I'm out of the woods again, for now.

Just now, Mpmarvin999 said:

Yes, there is no app for the fridge. I got it to work by "adding server".  What threw me was the fact that it was listed as a server but didnt work. Once I added it everything was fine.

So I'm out of the woods again, for now.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 1 year later...
Mpmarvin999

Just an update. Things run pretty good on the fridge although "pause' pretty much means "freeze" on the fridge. Once the fridge sleeps that's it and the tuner is usually held open until. Guys I'm begging you though, PLEASE MAKE AN APP FOR THE FRIDGE!!!! Browser page is fine and all but an app would be gold. Gui through the fridges' browser is pretty bad.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Mpmarvin999

Well since the latest DSM 7.2 update and appropriate Emby update things have been great on all devices EXCEPT.. you guessed it, the FRIDGE!

The video plays fine but there is no audio for live tv. Some recorded content plays fine but other stuff doesn't. It seems the audio is direct while the video is being transcoded.

For the life of me I can't find where to force the audio to be transcoded to see if that helps.

4 minutes ago, Mpmarvin999 said:

Well since the latest DSM 7.2 update and appropriate Emby update things have been great on all devices EXCEPT.. you guessed it, the FRIDGE!

The video plays fine but there is no audio for live tv. Some recorded content plays fine but other stuff doesn't. It seems the audio is direct while the video is being transcoded.

For the life of me I can't find where to force the audio to be transcoded to see if that helps.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Mpmarvin999

That's what I'm using now. That's the only way for me to use Emby on the fridge is through the hosted web app.

OK can you try it again later today and make sure to refresh the page in the browser so that your server dashboard displays a hosted web app version of 4.7.13.14 or greater when you play something. Let me know how that compares. Thanks.

Mpmarvin999

Ok I refreshed and it’s now 4.7.13.15

The sound is back! Thanks

What happened to make the sound mute ?

• Thanks 1

It was treating ac3 audio as supported when your fridge doesn’t support it.

Mpmarvin999

Ok I see. Thanks for the help. Nice to have the TV back at the breakfast nook working again

I could have sworn I did a couple of refreshes though. Oh well

PS: looking at that photo the reflection in the screen looks crazy. LOL

I look nothing like that. HAHA

Edited by Mpmarvin999
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1