ServerWMC showing twice the number of actual recordings?

xilex
Go to solution Solved by krustyreturns,

I'm not sure what happened, but under Live TV > Recordings, every recording now shows up twice.

One entry under C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\2017_10_16_18_00_54_18_KSCI Seoul Broadcasting.wtv, and the second entry under \\PCNAME\Users\Public\Recorded TV\2017_10_16_18_00_54_18_KSCI Seoul Broadcasting.wtv

A library that points to the recorded folder correctly shows one entry per recording.

Thank you.

What can I post to help you figure out the problem? All libraries are local paths and I don't recall ever adding anything by network path. All the videos are located locally on the machine.

These are the libraries I have set up, and each one only has a single folder.

Duplicates only show up under Live TV > Recordings tab.

post-242602-0-36234000-1510374298_thumb.png

i would try uninstalling the plugin, running a guide refresh and a library scan, then adding it back again. Thanks.

I tried: uninstall plugin, refresh library, refresh guide, reboot server, install plugin, reboot server, refresh library and guide, but issue is still there. Oh, well. I'll just deal with it for now. Thanks for helping.

Hi @@krustyreturns, I previously posted a topic about why recordings were showing up in duplicate inside Emby (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52818-recorded-tv-entries-showing-up-twice/) and couldn't reach a solution.

I notice today in the ServerWMC dashboard under Status tab, under Totals of items transferred to clients, that the number of recordings sent is twice the number of recordings that actually exist.

I've attached some logs. Do you know why this could be happening? Thanks.

serverwmc-duplicates.zip

• Solution
krustyreturns

Hi,

In your wmc (not serverwmc) settings you have your recorded tv folder entered also as a 'watched' folder.  Serverwmc currently doesn't check for this error, so it is loading from the same directory twice.  See this piece from your log:

Local WMC 'RecTV' folder: 'C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV',   ShareStatus: OK
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo Format: NTFS
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo Stored Network 'Recorded tv' path: 
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo >  Samba: smb://COMPUTERNAME/Users/Public/Recorded TV
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo >    UNC: \\COMPUTERNAME\Users\Public\Recorded TV,   ShareStatus: OK
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo -----
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo Additional watched 'Recorded TV' folders:
2017/11/15 00:04:45.749 EchoStartupInfo   '\\COMPUTERNAME\Users\Public\Recorded TV'  ShareStatus: OK

Go into wmc and delete the setting where it adds this recorded tv folder as a watched folder.
  • Like 1