DDNS with error

Tiago da Silva Brito

Tiago da Silva Brito
I am suffering from this error, whenever I try to connect the emby server via external (either using external IP, as host through dynamic DNS), I would like a help with this, everything was working normally, I just changed address and then I got this problem when trying to use it over external IP.
"Arquivo layout/novo_hotsite/index.html nao existe"       <=== Error MSG  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  plx Help me anyone!!!

Tiago da Silva Brito

Hi, I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones work, and which ones don't. Thanks !

nothing my friend... I'm trying open port 8096 or 8080 but, nothing in my router... i think he is with problem...thx i'll to try change it and test again... I'll come back here with new results... thx

Based on the screenshot of your firewall I don't think you can port translate from 8080 to 8096 in your port forward rule. I suspect you are on the right path by setting up port 8080 to be forwarded from your firewall to port 8080 on your Emby server and setting up Emby server on port 8080. Your other option is to setup 8096 all the way through.

1. Please confirm that you either setup a static ip or a DHCP reserved address

2. You setup your insecure connections on port 8080 in Emby server. If this is windows did you adjust your windows firewall rule to allow that traffic?

3. Also, if running windows there is a setting in the inbound firewall rule that allows edge traversal. This will need to be enabled.

Then confirm your public IP address (whatsmyip.org) and do a port scan (https://pentest-tools.com/network-vulnerability-scanning/tcp-port-scanner-online-nmap) of your public IP (as long as your IP allows it) and confirm port 8080 is open from your firewall all the way to the server.

4. Once you can confirm what your public ip is and that the appropriate port is open use a DNS lookup tool (https://mxtoolbox.com) to confirm that you are resolving your DDNS domain to the right public IP address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k

KMBanana

Did you save the Emby settings when you changed the port to 8080?  On that screenshot I can see that 8080 is listed in the field, but the URL you are connected to is still localhost:8096.  After making that change the new url should be localhost:8080.

To make sure the change is being applied make sure the remote (WAN) access url listed on the Emby dashboard is http://intecinfor.ddns.info:8080

• Like 1

mastrmind11

Not to mention most ISPs block 80 and 8080 to deter people from running home business sites from their consumer accounts.  Pick a new port and forward it to your server. 

Edited by mastrmind11
  • Like 1

Tiago da Silva Brito

Did you save the Emby settings when you changed the port to 8080?  On that screenshot I can see that 8080 is listed in the field, but the URL you are connected to is still localhost:8096.  After making that change the new url should be localhost:8080.

To make sure the change is being applied make sure the remote (WAN) access url listed on the Emby dashboard is http://intecinfor.ddns.info:8080

i have do alright, but no one port can be enabled with this Router, i was tryed all, with port default, i have problem too... well.. i think its my Router..

Tiago da Silva Brito

use google translate.  I have no clue what you just said.

falei sobre as portas do meu roteador, que aparentemente esta bloqueando porem, acho que o mesmo nao libera as portas, possível defeito no mesmo. agora usa o tradutor pra traduzir oque escrevi em português, pois tentei tu disse que não entendeu... Obrigado desde já!

mastrmind11

You're missing the point.  Most ISPs block 8080.  Pick another port, like the default 8096, or something completely arbitrary, open it up on your router and forward that to your server.  Leave Emby as 8096, there's rarely a reason to change the ports on internal appliances unless you have multiple instances running.  It's not your router or Emby... there are thousands of people w/ the default ports working just fine.

Edited by mastrmind11

@Mastermind11 makes a good point some ISPs block traffic on port 80, 8080, 443 that is destined to their end users. This stops their users from standing up web servers. Additionally you may have other services that want to load to either port 80 or 8080 (Microsoft IIS) on the server hosting your Emby server. This I suspect is part of the reason Emby chose 8096 and 8920.

You might want to try setting Emby back to 8096 for local and public HTTP ports (server dashboard - advanced)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tur0k