This will hurt any adults eyes lol

I thought i would make a kid specific theme

My daughter likes it anyhow and the jump in list helps her to learn her abc's

kids.jpg

Edited by Tikuf
  • Like 5

Tikuf

Well here it comes more teasing.

The theming in roku is not quite ready but these little features will likely be available in beta over the next day or so. You can now just use the play button or hit the * button and play / play from here.

playfrom.jpg

Plus a couple more options for the menu on both tv and movies.

expanded.jpg

Edited by Tikuf
  • Like 5

Is there anybody who really loves this app who would be willing to spend an hour or two writing up a review?

partayflax

Hi I would like to get the Release version but it seems to be region locked

I have been able to add the Beta version to my Roku 3

Can anyone give me any advice

lordbond

I just bought one of the streaming stick and when I try to play anything I get a purple screen with audio. I tried both movie and TV. When try live TV all I get is the loading screen and nothing ever shows up.

gcw07

I just bought one of the streaming stick and when I try to play anything I get a purple screen with audio. I tried both movie and TV. When try live TV all I get is the loading screen and nothing ever shows up.

Going to need some more details on the files your trying to play along with logs.

wB65Po3.jpg

When you say "purple screen" do you mean this?

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?p=399772&sid=07a5f32310def5837b324f6a9f10bd32

Edited by speechles

lordbond

No writing, just a purple screen. Some of the files play now that didn't before. Most of my files are MKV files and some MKV files work and others don't.

Tikuf

Try turning off dlna. I saw in another thread it fixed an issue that was similar. The streaming in the roku hasn't changed for some time so it is possibly a server change or that the firmware on the stick is different to the boxes (i don't have one the test on)

lordbond

I think just by chance I did turn off the DLNA since I wasn't using it. Some of the videos work now and others won't. Most of the files are MKV files that play fine on MBC. I have noticed something that may or may not help but I have noticed when I am using the Roku 1 the media browser splash screen is scrambled where on the stick it isn't. I think something might have changed on the server side as when I went back to the Roku 1 the same files wouldn't play on either one.

Jeff Brown

My roku Media Browser screen when it first boots up is doubled and to the left there are many lines, Roku said to ask you guys .

I think it is the roku what do you think.

But it only does it on The media browser screen, it is a Roku 1, maybe a good excuse to get a Roku 3.

Also I did hook it up to the same TV and HDMI that my Roku 2 is hooked up to in another room and it does the same thing so I think I can rule out cables or TV.

I have listed a link so you can see the screen shot, I only have three days of warranty left.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cho9k6e5uj5p0ld/Media%20Browser%20Screen.jpg

Thank you

Jeff Brown

Edited by Jeff Brown

gcw07

Is this a "new" Roku 1? One of the ones they just recently released 6 months or so ago? Just making sure it isn't the super old original Roku 1 that I don't think can even run the channel at all.

But I'm with you that it appears to be the Roku itself. The channel uses a standard splash screen (that is the screen your seeing double on). That is odd problem. Have you tried deleting the channel and re-adding it? Does it do the same thing on any other channels like Netflix or anything else?

Jeff Brown

This Roku was bought in Feb 2014.

Yes I have factory reset, deleted the channel and forced a software update.

And as far as I know it only does it on that screen, maybe it changes resolution for a sec, ?

gcw07

This Roku was bought in Feb 2014.

Yes I have factory reset, deleted the channel and forced a software update.

And as far as I know it only does it on that screen, maybe it changes resolution for a sec, ?

OK, so it should be the newer one then. Roku had to use the same name twice with their models but like 3 years apart in releases so you never know.

If resetting and reinstall doesn't fix it, then yeah not sure what to do. It does not do any resolution changes (at least nothing in the channel does that).

lordbond

I have the same issue with 2 Roku 1's bought this year. Doubt it is the hardware, One of them is only about a month old. I have a few playback issues also but I haven't had time to get logs together to send them. There is another Media Browser app here and I have the same playback problems except instead of it going back to the menu it just closes the whole channel. The splash screen on that channel displays properly though.

Edited by lordbond

Koleckai Silvestri

I have the same issue with 2 Roku 1's bought this year. Doubt it is the hardware, One of them is only about a month old. I have a few playback issues also but I haven't had time to get logs together to send them. There is another Media Browser app here and I have the same playback problems except instead of it going back to the menu it just closes the whole channel. The splash screen on that channel displays properly though.

What is the signal strength of your WiFi at the location the Rokus are located at?

What bitrate do you have the Mediabrowser App set to in its preferences on the Roku?

@@gcw07 @@Luke @@Tikuf

Found a bug that crashes the client off right away. I wanted to do a clean reinstall on another pc, so moved my library and let it do its thing. Everything normal so far.

Came back to the roku, pointed it at this new server and presto it migrated sweet. Now the problem stems from a new mediabrowser server setup, if the user clicks on the multi-click box, the one with resume, suggested, etc.. If a person is to choose suggested and the server has not had time to create this list this will crash the mediabrowser client on the roku. After this point, since, it remembers now the position it left off in. YES! You guessed it, this creates an infinite loop of never being able to enter the roku client at all. It will always crash right back out to the roku landing page. To resolve this one has to log into the web client, and start to favorite, like, change to weatched status and wait until the server has generated this information before you can ever enter the client again.

I only mention this because I stumbled across this issue and for the life of me couldn't figure it out. You see before I migrated the pointer was on "suggested" I guess. This problem will turn off MANY users and switch them to plex in a heartbeat. I on the other hand reinstalled a second server after renaming the old, and started that and the problem became noticeable and reproduceable. Can this please get fixed ASAP. This affects every roku mediabrowser3 client (yes even that alternate weird pay version run under the radar here). But suffice to say, this problem must get fixed. Please fix it. Thank you all for such a wonderful media experience and to all a good respective day or night.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Tikuf

Ya that shouldn't be to hard to put some error handler in there (i did think we had one that if results returned were 0  it reset the selected item to default )