Can't Fast forward or Skip

Volfan6415
Go to solution Solved by Volfan6415,

Volfan6415

Ok so recently i have been having an issue where i can't fast forward or skip in the media.  Also it seems like the restore points aren't always working as well ( which may or not be related)

So here is what i have done:

In the dashboard the media shows as direct playing

I can copy the file directly to the computer and play the file in WMC and the fast forward and skip works.  I can also add a link to where the file is stored on the NAS and browse to the file via the video's section of WMC and the skip and fast forward works when playing over the network

While playing the file if i backout to the main screen the now playing screen shows the title of the file as "stream"

I have attached logs for the files and it looks like some sort of transcode has started?

Where do i need to look to start debugging this?

In these logs the file i was attempting to play via emby for wmc  was game of thrones season 4 epidode 6?

So in my setup the Emby server is running on a linux VM, the files are stored on a Windows Home Server 2011 VM. Both VMs are running on the same ESXi host.

I am using emby for wmc running off of another computer attached to my TV.

Thoughts?

Edited to add media info from website?

Media Info:

Media Info

Video

CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level40

Resolution1280x720

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.9760246

Bitrate1239 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames1

NAL4

Title720P H264

Audio

CodecAAC

ProfileHE-AAC

Layoutstereo

Channels2 ch

Bitrate192 kbps

Sample rate48000 Hz

DefaultYes

TitleAAC stereo Default

Containermkv

Path/media/ServerLibraries/TV/Game Of Thrones/Season 4/Game.of.Thrones.S04E06.720p.BluRay.450MB.ShAaNiG.mkv

Transcode.txt

Server Log.txt

Edited by Volfan6415

For WMC, when the file transcodes you will not be able to seek. What you need to do is make sure that the WMC machine has direct access to the media files.

Volfan6415

Ok i'll double check the network permissions then as well as the path substitution settings in Emby Server.  

I guess i thought if the dashboard was reporting direct playing that meant that there was no interaction from Emby server regarding the playing of the file?

• Solution
Volfan6415

Ok looks like I had a typo in my folder substitution settings. DOH!

Corrected the folder substitution setting and now it is working as it should.

I still think it was misleading that it said direct playing in the dashboard when it must have been direct streaming.

Edited by Volfan6415
  • Like 1