Emby Media Server - set DVD order on series

Doskei

One of the few major features Plex has over Emby: the ability to set a series to DVD order.

The data is all there - theTVDB provides both DVD order and Airdate order.  Filebot can rename using either.  There's no excuse not to provide a simple option that will interpret episodes using DVD order instead of Airdate order.

Yes, it is possible to enforce DVD order manually, but that's only half the problem.  The other half is that, for some shows (e.g. Firefly), the DVD order is more widely-accepted as canonical, and so it makes the most sense to name episodes using that order.  Doing so will cause ALL metadata for said episodes to be incorrect.  Again, this can be manually corrected, but is tedious.

This latter point is why I used "Emby Media Server" as the product this feature request refers to.  I don't just want my episode order to change at the client end, I want to be able to flag a specific show as having a preferred canonical order, both in its naming scheme and in the episode list, that is different from the airdate order.

Finally, for what it's worth, I am a new user of both Plex and Emby.  I am paying for both while I decide which to use forever.  This drawback could make the difference, for me, between a single $5 subscription, or a $120 lifetime pass.

Yeah, it looks like it is.  Apologies for the duplicate, but I went back three pages in this forum and didn't see a listing.  It's also been well over a year since the last post there, and the only reply from an Admin had to do with a bug in the workaround for this issue, not the issue itself.

• 3 months later...