.ASS subtitles not rendering

Yvese

Right well the internal subtitles are marked default, so that is the issue. But once you select a subtitle track, it will be remembered for that video the next time you play.

FrostByte

Hi Luke, I have tried both default and smart and it didn't make a difference. It was only after I could go into the CC menu and select the external .ass file that it would display properly. Now one note about this is that once I extracted the subtitle file from the video emby sees the file as Title: Und (ASS) with no Language associated with it. I have also looked in the Metadata Manager to see if there was any way to select the external file as the default but it looks like I can only delete the external. Here is a screen shot of one of the media files with the extracted subtitle. Any help would be appreciated 

5dcaf87dce146_Media_Info.jpg

Have your tried renaming your subs using the wiki

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Subtitles

you should be able to name it something like

name.eng.forced.ass

or 

name.eng.default.ass

Then refresh your movie and the external subs should be marked accordingly

Edited by FrostByte

Right, as you can see there's no language with the external track, so naming it to include the language will help allow the options to do what they're supposed to do.

• 2 weeks later...
psxlover

Thanks for the ass/ssa support :). Works like a charm. No more text on black background and missing stuff due to two subtitles being on the screen, and only the last one showing.

Btw I must be living in the future...

psxlover

Yes, a few hours ago I installed 1.0.70, although the changelog says first of December ;)

Didn't try it extensively, but apart from the usual delay for extracting the subtitle it displayed perfectly

• Like 2