DLNA and Folders

gothamkid

gothamkid

With the 3.2.26.0 release, DLNA started behaving differently.  I have Movies separated into folders and the server set to display the folders as folders.  This works on the web client, but when I access the server via DLNA and select Folders/Movies, instead of seeing the sub-folders under Movies, it just displays the video files.  Any ideas?

gothamkid

I can play files, I just can't see my sub-folder structure any longer so finding a movie is a pain.

My hard drive directory structure is like this:

D:/Movies/#ABC

D:/Movies/DEF

I did this so I could find things a little bit easier because I have a large library and DLNA does not have a search feature.

In my Library settings, I have the Folder option turned on so I get a Folders option in my library.  However, when I select Emby from my DLNA device and select Folders, then Movies, instead of getting my folder structure to select (#ABC, DEF, etc.), it shows all of the video files aggregated, which defeats the purpose of my folder structure.  This didn't happen until 3.2.36.0.

Same here - in my case, Music. There is a Folders entry, showing the Folders structure in the web app, but when browsing via DLNA, the Folders map contains just the same as the root folder (Artist, Album Artist, etc). 

FreeBSD_Lover

So with this feature/fix my server media folder structure will appear the same way in both the web browser, and on DLNA devices? 

FreeBSD_Lover

Hmmm, when I use the folder view on the web app I don't see all my folders there, and it seems some content is in the wrong places.  I'll have to check/verify I am not misunderstanding something first, and I will wait for the next release before I post a comment (if I still need to) in the appropriate topic board.

Thanks again!