Kodi Showing Bizzare Season Duplicates

ChipWhisperer
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

ChipWhisperer

I've searched about, but can't seem ti find someone having the same problem. 

In some TV Shows, like Friends of Seinfeld, Kodi shows "Season 1" and "Season -1"

"Season 1" is the one that is obviously supposed to exist, but "Season -1" seems to open some bizarre version of the "all seasons" menu, with a variety of random episodes, some sporting odd names, but still playable. 

This odd sorted season doesn't appear in the Metadata Manager, so I assume I've screwed up someplace.

Thanks!

post-247673-0-31335800-1510446579_thumb.jpg

Angelblue05

Season -1 is for content that don't have proper metadata. Check the episodes in the emby metadata manager, make sure they have a season number assigned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChipWhisperer

Season -1 is for content that don't have proper metadata. Check the episodes in the emby metadata manager, make sure they have a season number assigned.

Thanks for the reply!

All the episodes that show up in "Season -1" are properly assigned to the correct season in the metadata manager. 

Angelblue05

It has nothing to do with being assigned to the proper season. The season number metadata field for the episodes is empty. That is the only time it is setup to place episodes in season -1 when the episode itself has that information missing.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Take a screenshot of the emby metadata fields for an episode in season -1 if you are not sure, thank you.

ChipWhisperer

Take a screenshot of the emby metadata fields for an episode in season -1 if you are not sure, thank you.

Thanks again for the reply. 

I should revise what I said before. When I said that I was sure they were properly assigned, I meant that I had already checked the "Season Number" metadata field. 

In the attached screenshots, you will see:  "Friends - 10x16 - {Long Ass Episode Name}" showing correctly (I believe) in the metadata manager, and also appearing in the "Season -1" listing for the show in Kodi.  

post-247673-0-43531900-1510452055_thumb.jpg

post-247673-0-00026400-1510452070_thumb.png

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Hmm. Ok. Hit save in the metadata manager to force update the episode in Kodi and wait a minute and provide your Kodi log, hopefully that'll show why it's not being assigned correctly, thank you.

ChipWhisperer

Hmm. Ok. Hit save in the metadata manager to force update the episode in Kodi and wait a minute and provide your Kodi log, hopefully that'll show why it's not being assigned correctly, thank you.

I believe I've pulled the correct log. 

Please see attached.

kodi.log

ChipWhisperer

Looking around, it seems that I was wrong in assuming this was isolated to one or two series. "Season -1" is appearing in every listing.  

My apologies. 

• Solution
Angelblue05

I have tested and I really can't reproduce this. Something in your metadata is causing this to happen. The only time the add-on assigns the episode season -1 is when ParentIndexNumber value does not exists (season value). Did you try resetting your database to see if it fixes this? Also, are you using series pooling; Is your content seasons on different drives?

I'll need a better log. Please follow the steps exactly, I just need to see one episode being updated. With debug it will generate quite a bit of log lines so try to restrict the test to what I said only.

First, enable debug in the add-on settings > advanced. Restart Kodi to generate a clean log. Once you are logged in Kodi, in your Emby metadata manager >  Friends - 10x16 - {Long Ass Episode Name}, hit save. Wait a minute, then grab the log.

Thank you

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

ChipWhisperer

I have tested and I really can't reproduce this. Something in your metadata is causing this to happen. The only time the add-on assigns the episode season -1 is when ParentIndexNumber value does not exists (season value). Did you try resetting your database to see if it fixes this? Also, are you using series pooling; Is your content seasons on different drives?

I'll need a better log. Please follow the steps exactly, I just need to see one episode being updated. With debug it will generate quite a bit of log lines so try to restrict the test to what I said only.

First, enable debug in the add-on settings > advanced. Restart Kodi to generate a clean log. Once you are logged in Kodi, in your Emby metadata manager >  Friends - 10x16 - {Long Ass Episode Name}, hit save. Wait a minute, then grab the log.

Thank you

Hey again, thanks for the help. 

The local database reset fixes the problem. 

I don't think I was using series pooling, and everything exists on the same drive. 

I'd be happy to submit the log if you think it can help diagnose future problems for other users. Either way, I'm sorted. 

• Like 1