Can I customise the menu view when accessing Emby through DLNA?

kilion

I am running Emby version 3.2.36.0 on my QNAP TS-253A NAS (firmware version 4.3.3.0361). I access Emby from my LG Smart TV through DLNA. While I can see the video and audio files, I find that there are some menu items (e.g. collections, genres) that I can do without. Is it possible to customize the menu view when I'm accessing Emby through DLNA? I couldn't find the option for doing so on the Settings page.

Like kilion, I find it would be nice to be able to chose a browsing tree structure, in particular for music, to be able to remove menu items that are less relevant to me, change the order in which folders are listed..

For now I use the Emby DLNA server function to stream music to a UPnP enabled network client (stereo amplifier). I use the client's iOS app as a controller.

Can the Emby iOS app be used as a controller?

I saw the "enable DLNA play to" tick box in the DLNA settings, but I can't quite figure out how this work...

Yes you can play to other devices from IOS, just use the cast button in the top right of the app.

There is no dlna menu customization at this point but it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Thanks Luke.

When I click the cast button, I don't always see my DLNA devices. Sometimes they are listed, sometimes they are not...

At least when they appear in the list, they work as intended, either on my phone or computer. I don't understand what makes them appear and disappear though...

Client discovery interval is set to 60 seconds, so that should be the issue. I installed Bubble UPnP to see if it helps, but it doesn't make a difference.

I just enabled the DLNA debug logging, I will see if I can spot why the cast button doesn't always list items..

I found why I couldn't see the DLNA devices on the iOS app interface.

It came down to a router setting. I needed to enable IGMP snooping under the wireless options.

So, it had nothing to do with Emby.

Sorted!

• 1 year later...
oleshkev

Luke hello,

Can you please share the update on the topic?

Are there any changes about this since Nov 2017?

Thank you,

Aleks.

oleshkev

Thanks for the feedback !

Luke hello,

Can you please share the update on the topic?

Are there any changes about this since Nov 2017?

Thank you,

Aleks.

Dlna uses all of the same user profile settings as regular library browsing, so if you customize things like your library order and other home screen settings, Dlna will use many of them. Does that answer your question?

oleshkev

Dlna uses all of the same user profile settings as regular library browsing, so if you customize things like your library order and other home screen settings, Dlna will use many of them. Does that answer your question?

Thanks for the answer.

Yes. This answers my question. But it is not that true.

When I enter my Library using browser, I see the list of movies (for example). But when I open the same library using DLNA, I see: "Continue watching", "Latest", "Movies", "Collections", "Favorites", "Genres", "Folders".

So I would like to customize these steps. For example remove all options and leave only "Folders". Or do not show this menu and go directly to "Folders".

I understand that it is most probably not implemented at the moment. But may be it can be considered as feature request.

Thank you,

Aleks.

Those are the same movie categories that emby apps show. Yes more options are possible for the future. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

A gentle bump in 2020 from another newbie. 

So on DLNA, can we skip browsing levels somehow? (My aim would be just go immediately in the library folder I specified as movie source. 
Right now I have this levels
[Movies]  (I have no other type of libraries, so this could be skipped as well, as there are no other options)

then
[Continue watching], [Latest], [Movies], [Collections], [Favorites], [Genres], [Folders]   (honestly If I could remove some of these that would be also great)

then when I go [Folders]

The first to level I would like to eliminate somehow.. tried configuring the home screens settings, didn't help. 

Edited by lammaer

• 1 year later...
accelleratii
On 12/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, lammaer said:

A gentle bump in 2020 from another newbie. 

Hello from 2022, showing support for this dlna feature