Unable to see another networked ASUSTOR NAS

Dariusz

It probably hasn't finished scanning the library and pulling media info yet. without a known runtime that's usually one side effect you see.

geoff511

no prob ... glad it all works now ..  have fun ..

and thanks @@Luke for all your help as well.

P.s. rather than taking a photo of your screen, just hit the Prt Scr    (Print Screen) button on your keyboard and open MS Paint and paste .. then just cut the pic to what you want, re-size and save.

Edited by geoff511

Dariusz

no prob ... glad it all works now ..  have fun ..

and thanks @@Luke for all your help as well.

P.s. rather than taking a photo of your screen, just hit the Prt Scr    (Print Screen) button on your keyboard and open MS Paint and paste .. then just cut the pic to what you want, re-size and save.

I usually printscreen directly into a window and it didn't allow me to do it here so i just snapped a quick pic.. but posting it into paint and then adding the pic here is a good idea :) thank you for the tip..

Dariusz

It probably hasn't finished scanning the library and pulling media info yet. without a known runtime that's usually one side effect you see.

@@Luke looks like the database pulled all info.. it has been over 12hrs and still the same issue.. what I notice is i get the half full circle for about 2-3 sec and then it just defaults to the checkmark completed/watched.. it's still only the videos from NAS2..

also if i try to watch any of the videos from emby server directly while connected through PC i get a stream error and playback fails.. "Playback error, no compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator"

however if i try to watch through emby on kodi, watching this video works, but if i stop it basically I get the completed checkmark.  i tried multiple videdos from NAS2 with same issue..

Edited by Dariusz

Dariusz

Then you'll need to report the issue in the emby for Kodi section of the community. Thanks.

@@Luke what about the error I get on emby server regarding playback? 

"Playback error, no compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator"

this i get directly on emby server.. for some reason I got a feeling that's the reason my videos automatically show up as complete when stopped.. basically emby server can not play anything I added through smb (network) location..

I have added my new log.. i can see there are errors when opening stream from smb.. last time i opened something was at timestamp  2017-11-17 14:57:47.224 

there should be a few entries trying to access smb://192.168.50.170 with errors playing back..

and lastly I also noticed every time i try to play a file using kodi server from NAS2 i get mpeg error log also listed.. I have also added it here.. hope this helps.

Log-11-17-2017.txt

Log mpeg1.txt

Log mpeg2.txt

Log mpeg3.txt

Edited by Dariusz

Dariusz

@@Luke I noticed newer beta was just released and I gave that a shot to see if there was any fixes for my playback issue from the server.. looks like the errors are a bit different now in main log file but still getting mpeg errors being thrown after trying to play a single file.. attached are the new logs from that... thanks

Log-11-19-2017.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg2.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg3.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg4.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg5.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg6.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg7.txt

Log-11-19-2017 mpeg8.txt

Dariusz

The issue is we need to get smb support compiled into our ffmpeg build.

thank you for the update.. love that u guys are on top of things.. awesome support!

Dariusz

3.2.40 will be up on the website shortly and the ffmpeg build will now have smb support. thanks.

I tried the new image and I am able to play back files now.. one thing i noticed tho is that files from smb do not play directly like my local files, but instead transcode.. i get remux and transcode log files and i can not jump forward more than what has transcoded... on the local files I get full runtime right away and there is not transcoding happening.. is having to transcode the only way to play from smb or is there an option just to do direct playback?

You will need to refresh them so that they get media info. The initial media probing failed due to lack of smb support in the ffmpeg build.

Dariusz

Need to see the log of the refresh attempt. Thanks.

ok so I started the refresh by going into Settings-library-scan all libraries at 6:30pm and it finished at 6:32pm.. i then went to play a file and it was transcoding.. hope this log helps..

let me know if maybe there is maybe a different way of doing a refresh?

Log-11-24-2017-2.txt

that's just the regular scan looking for new and updated files. you will need to use the per library scan to refresh a library and tell is to refresh all metadata.

Dariusz

that's just the regular scan looking for new and updated files. you will need to use the per library scan to refresh a library and tell is to refresh all metadata.

I went ahead at 10:15am and performed scan on just the library having the issue and selected replace all metadata.. took about 1hr to complete and around 11:15am i went to try to play something and it was still transcoding. here are the latest logs.

Log-11-26-2017 transcode.txt

Log-11-26-2017.txt