Client becomes unresponsive

rabbit1543

Guest jim

Thanks for the fast responses!

I'm new to all of this and installed the server and bought the app when I read about support for Chromecast.  I've done little if any to change any settings from defaults.  Enable backdrops in not enabled in phone app.  Include trailers is not enabled. I'm using the native (internal) player.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jim

This forum topic seems to be dead...

Have stability issues been worked out in recent revisions of the android app?

Are others still having issues with the app freezing when using CC?
Thanks in advance for any responses.

Edited by jim

Redshirt

I'm always working on the app to some degree. Sometimes I release builds regardless of whether or not all outstanding bugs have been fixed just so I can get it in peoples hands. As far as I know your the only one having the lockup after casting issue. Doesn't mean it won't get fixed.

Redshirt

Crash when navigating your library while casting has been fixed and will be in the next public release.

Guest jim

That is Fantastic!!  I've tried a few things like reinstalling the server, android client, even upgrading from android 4.2 to 4.3 but still same result.  Mostly I've been trying to use the app and casting to view recorded TV (Windows Media Center on Win 8.1)  and consistantly running to same issues of crashing and unresponsiveness after the show begins to cast to CC.

Redshirt

The problem was missing artwork. The Google library was written in such a way that it expected that there would always be an image to show for the various widgets..I couldn't reproduce the issue until I started testing music support as all my vids have art. 

Guest jim

Ah Ha.  My media browser [android] app does not display the art work for my recorded TV.

Edited by jim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jim

Hey Redshirt,

I've been awaiting the next revision of the app for the fix mentioned above (Mar 23).  Any updates on the status of the revision??

Thanks in advance.

Redshirt

I know... I've been sucking bad here :)

I've been fielding builds to my testers for over a week now. I'm going to push another one out tonight and I hope no new issues are found with it. 

Redshirt

I just re-read what I wrote. I just wanted to clarify that tonight's build is going to be to the beta team. If it's ok, then I'll move it to release in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jim

Any progress on issues with Chromecast?  I'm still on 1.0.31 (from Google Playstore), is that still the current version?

Thanks! B)

Luis

@redahirt I noticed that my device really slows down when casting to cc, like really slow. And in the logs the only output during that time is a lot of:

[Wed May 07 00:20:30 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1344372.0 , 1 , main

[Wed May 07 00:20:44 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1357528.0 , 1 , main

[Wed May 07 00:20:46 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1360312.0 , 1 , main

[Wed May 07 00:20:54 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1367814.0 , 1 , main

[Wed May 07 00:20:56 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1369898.0 , 1 , main

[Wed May 07 00:21:07 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1380055.0 , 1 , main

[Wed May 07 00:21:08 AST 2014] , Info , Position: 1381545.0 , 1 , main

Maybe maybe all the io or some logic in there is the source of the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Chris Jones

Any news on this problem? I just bought the android app and i can cast to chromecast, playback is perfect but the app becomes unresponsive, takes along time before button press take effect or the screen updates, eventually it seems to catch up but as soon as you unlock the screen it is unresponsive again. Additionally one of the times i tried it, it crashed.