Emby M3U Live TV

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hello All,

I finally took the time and configured IPTV in Emby and now I'm wondering why I didn't do this long ago!  Live TV is awesome in Emby, but I have a couple of questions:

1. With only 1 tuner, how does Emby handle locking the tuner when in use?  It seems if Emby is recording and switch channels, it just stops recording and takes me to the new channel.  Same thing happens if go to a different channel on another device.  Am I missing something in config, or is this by design?

2. Can I just add another M3U tuner (assuming my IPTV provider supports multiple streams)?

3. Are there any plans to improve the EPG support?  Spaceboy was kind enough to give me his AccessDB to build the EPG using SchedulesDirect, but it would be nice to have a simpler solution.

4. I find the guide is slow to load.  Is this because my server is underpowered?

Any answers are much appreciated!  

Edited by jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Thanks for the reply Luke.   I think for the IPTV option to be viable, Emby will need to treat each stream as a virtual tuner.  Otherwise Recordings will get interuppted and you cannot have more than one stream going at a time.  For the time being, I have employed DVBViewer which mimics that behaviour - and it works well! 

If there is enough interest out there, I'm happy to contribute in any way (except development since I'm not a developer).