movie shows "loading" after 9 min

farside847

farside847

I ran into a new issue. I have a blueray of ironman2 that I converted to a mp4 a long time ago, that used to play fine. but now after 9 min it says "loading", then plays for another minute, then "loading" again and eventually hangs. attached are the logs.

before I started aimlessly troubleshooting I thought I would check in here to see if anyone knew of this issue.

the mp4 is pretty high bitrate

Video CodecH264
Codec tagavc1
AVCYes
ProfileHigh
Level40
Resolution1920x816
Aspect ratio2.35:1
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.9760246
Bitrate19634 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames5
NAL4
Audio Languageeng
CodecAAC
Codec tagmp4a
ProfileLC
Layoutstereo
Channels2 ch
Bitrate160 kbps
Sample rate48000 Hz
DefaultYes
TitleEng AAC stereo Default
Subtitle Languageeng
CodecMOV_TEXT
Codec tagtext
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalNo
TitleEng
Containermp4

log.zip

Edited by farside847

Happy2Play

Appears to be the same/similar issue here.

You are still on net framework install, and a extremely old ffmpeg install (\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg\20151111\ffmpeg.exe).  You could delete the ffmpeg folder and restart Emby to get newer ffmpeg and see if that makes a difference.

Using the installer from download page will update you the net core server version.

farside847

thank you for the reply! very interesting. I went ahead and did as you suggested, and re-installed the server, then removed the ffmpeg directory. It did load the most recent version. Unfortunately the issue still happens the same way. I will attach the new log.

Whats odd is that other movies that are smaller play fine, from DVDs or tv recordings.

thanks again for your help

log.zip

farside847

Have there been reports that the 4GB bug came back again? These files are definitely bigger than 4gb. I tried re-encoding the file thinking it might be a corrupt mp4 but the issue happened again just in a different spot. The new file was even larger and it happened earlier in the movie. I guess I can try it again with a smaller file encoding. But this does point to a possible file size correlation.

Also, not sure if this is related, but I am also seeing some sluggish responsiveness when using the chrome browser on the server. Clicking around browsing my library sometimes it seems to loose its mind and I get a spinning wheel for 30 to 60 seconds. Then things seem to work for a while, and then it happens again. I usually use the roku not a web browser so this isnt really that big of a deal, but thought I would mention it in case it is related.

farside847

Well, after a bunch of tests, last night I got the OS8 upgrade for my Roku3. Seems to have fixed the issue. The original file just played without issue. Will continue to test more of my larger files.