External Subtitles Support?

cristiantx
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

cristiantx

It's about the first time I'm using MB3 and just bought the Android app since all the apps seems amazing. But I can't get the subtitles to work. 

When I do an "Advanced Playback" and select the subtitle (which is detected)... I receive the transcoded video (instead of direct streaming) but the subtitles still missing.

Is there something that I need to do on the server ? I've already setted my pref language for subtitles also installed LAV Filters.

Lastly, the entire point for me of all this setup is to play this on my Chromecast, but seems like when select the Advanced Play option the Cast button get disabled. Any ideas if this is expected or not? 

Thanks, keep the good work!

Redshirt

What server version are you running? Nevermind.

Edited by Redshirt

• Solution
Redshirt

Subs on the android client is a bug. I've just fixed it. I'm waiting until tomorrow night to publish the build just in case another issue crops up.

As for subs on the Chromecast. I tested and it's working fine. I'm able to select a route and then click advanced play and select the subtitle stream I want. Can you detail the exact steps your taking to cause the route to unselect.

• Like 1

cristiantx

That was a fast response! Thanks, looking forward to see MB getting better & better.

Actually, I've bring the Chromecast to the office and I'm not able to play anything on the Chromecast via MediaBrowser, I can connect but as soon as I play a video (normal play or advanced) my phone or tablet hangs. It's weird since worked at home. So I can't confirm it's not an issue with the wifi signal or something like that, however YouTube and Google Play Music works.

Will try again at home later today and let you know the steps I made.

cristiantx

Yep, you are right. Chromecast subtitles are working and my Android didn't hang at home.

So that will only be the Subtitles on Android issue.

Also, is there a way to set subtitles on by default on Android ? Without having to do the "Advanced Play" thing.

Thanks!

Tikuf

Not at this time. Create a feature request in the fr section so Red can gauge interest.

guys,

i am using chromecast and i cant make extarnal subtitles work

can u help me please?

what r ur android and server settings?

subtitles works normally when i am using wmp on my pc running the same movies

tks

cristiantx

On Main MB3 screen

1. Connect to Chromecast

2. Go to the video you want to play

3. Menu > Advanced Play

4. Select your subtitle

5. Play!

That's how I made it work. However, I think there is a bug I've just reported.

When you seek on the video, the subtitles disappear for the rest of the video you need to start playing it again to make it work.

Hope it helps!