How do I search by tags?

fighuass

fighuass

I have a few libraries, and inside each one I'd like to search by tags. For example, let's say I have a library full of videos, with some videos containing monkeys, and some containing dogs. I tagged the videos with monkeys as monkeys, and the videos containing dogs as dogs. Some videos have both, and I tagged them both monkeys and dogs. Is there a way to search with tags so I can search for example for only the videos with dogs, or only videos with both dogs and monkeys?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
houseoftaurus

This request has been asked for by users for well over a year now, is there any time frame for when users can expect to see this feature added, tagging media is pointless at this point without the ability to search by tags. For over a year now the standard response to this request has been its planned for the future, it would be great if we could be told the truth of when this would be added if it is even planned at all, new updates have been released multiple times since this request has been submitted and still no ability to search by tags.  

Tags are often the number one method used today to search for content on any site or digital database. While titles are great, and actors are great, it would be better if users could search via genre which i have not found to work. I can select genre under a category and scroll through but not search genre via the search function which is disappointing. Titles and People should not be the only method of search. 

I find it disappointing that such a great program with a beautiful layout and user interface would be outdone in functionality by a program like Personal Video Database. I use Emby for not just mainstream movies but lots of home movies and while i find this program better for home video content over its competitors, I find its functionality in finding content quickly severely lacking due to the limitations of the search function. 

I love this product and I hope that other users and myself can truly see this value added and much needed feature added in a future update real soon. 

longapalooza

I would like to second the need for this feature. Is there an actual ETA for this feature or are we just left with the vague "It's planned for a future releases"? Is there a release number this is planned for?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Seikilos

Coincidently I forked Emby Browser and added a simple search for tags.

There is a pull request made on 22. Sep. 2018 for this over at github @ https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/pull/3440

Of course the devs are free to ditch this and my "fix" might be too trivial and not handling a lot of use cases because I am not aware of the full architecture of the browser. Since there is no statement on the pull request I thought I might get some feedback here :)

Until we have a chance to really look at it, we don't want to merge in anything that would be considered temporary. Thanks.

MikePlanet

Coincidently I forked Emby Browser and added a simple search for tags.

There is a pull request made on 22. Sep. 2018 for this over at github @ https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/pull/3440

Of course the devs are free to ditch this and my "fix" might be too trivial and not handling a lot of use cases because I am not aware of the full architecture of the browser. Since there is no statement on the pull request I thought I might get some feedback here :)

Current Beta has made the change to FTS engine. I had made an implementation sample that included several search specials, including "tags" here. Hope it will find its way into current server. Once the public repo is updated, I can also update the patch to include those search features.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...