1.0.24 - unable to log in

tp546
Go to solution Solved by Redshirt,

tp546

Hey Red,

I just updated to 1.0.24 to try out the chromecast functionality and when I try to log in, it just freezes the app. I have tried multiple users on both my phone and tablet and I am getting the same results regardless. Let me know if there's anything I can test for you or provide more info. Thanks!

Redshirt

From the user selection or incognito login?

tp546

From the user selection or incognito login?

Incognito - I have to click the head with the hat and manually input. I lost the user selection option a few versions back - is that something I can re-enable?

Redshirt

do you have the user hidden (or all users hidden) in the server dashboard

tp546

oh yeah, i do. do you want me to try changing that to see if i can log in? i know it is querying the server because i tried putting in the wrong pw and it told me that.

Redshirt

I've pushed a fix. It'll be a few hours until it's visible. You can login through the user selection in the meantime. It's not affected.

Hello Redshirt, I'm actually still having the same issue this user reported. I'm using version 1.0.25 on a tablet and phone and still the app freezes. The user I'm using is not hidden. I have 2 media browser servers and get the same result connecting to either one of them.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Redshirt

@@Obi O 

I can't reproduce. Can you provide a client log showing the login attempt. Thanks

tp546

Hey Obi O - try it again. Strangely, after uprading to 1.0.25, I got the same behavior on my first login attempt, but when I killed the app and restarted it, it was working for some reason

tp546

Actually maybe I spoke too soon - it stopped working again. If I sign in as one user, it works, but not if I sign in as another user. If I sign in as the good user and then switch to the bad one, I'm able to sign in. I can send you the client log if you can let me know where to find it.

Redshirt

on your storage. MB3AndroidData\Logs. 

You may need to install something like ASTRO file manager to browse your storage. If you have lots of logs, I'd delete all the ones that are there before recreating the issue

Redshirt

Obi O. What version of server are you running. That crash shouldn't be happening if your on the latest release server.

• Solution
Redshirt

ok, that's the same error as before. I've pushed 1.0.26 to Google, it'll probably be an hour or so before it's visible. Can you test again with that version.

• Like 1

@Redshirt, thanks for the support on this issue. I updated to the new version in the market and was able to get to my library and movies.

Thanks for your quick response.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Edited by Obi O