20 programs get repeated, in each Category instead of showing all - "Live TV programs" section

Senna

When I compare ATV 4K and Emby theater/webapp concerning number of programs shown in each category, in the "Live TV programs" section:

Emby Theater/ webapp:

- All categorized programs are listed in "Live TV programs" section for that day in each and every category, like it should be.

ATV 4K:

- Only 20 categorized programs are listed in "Live TV Programs" section for each category for that day and those 20 gets repeated over and over in that category, instead of listing all available categorized programs for that category. This happens for each category.

Edit: changed the word "channel" into "programs" in Topic title and topic text

Edited by Senna

In "Live TV - programs" section, you have these category's:

- On Now

- Movies

- Sports

- For Kids

- News

All those category's are defined at server level (except "On Now"), when you set up xml TV.

Okay, this screen isn't showing channels, right?  It is showing programs.

So do you mean the same programs are repeated in Movies, Sports, etc.?

Sorry for the confusion I caused and indeed, I meant "programs" instead of "channels", so my topic title was not correct (edit: have corrected it)

Just log into my server with Emby Theater or webapp and you will see the difference straight away, compared to what you see in the Apple TV app.

In the Apple TV app, you see in each category that it list only 20 programs icons and those 20 gets repeated on and on.

Choose "Movie" category of Live TV programs for noticing it at best

Edited by Senna

Part of the problem here is that this isn't really live TV but, rather, some sort of on-demand channels, correct?  Each of these programs claims to be on for a full 24-hour period.  Since the first row is only supposed to show things on right now and the subsequent ones are supposed to show things in the future - everything satisfies both of those conditions.

It also appears that all items are marked as just about everything (Sports, movies, kids, etc.).

Indeed, those are all on demand channels.

In Emby Theater and the webapp all is shown as it should be, according to the settings of my xml TV listing of the on demand channels. Only the Apple TV 4K goes wrong listing it.

In the xml TV listing, every on demand channel has its :

<category lang="en">..........</category>

(.......=category, like for example action, animation, thriller,horror etc)

So I customised the Children's,News and Sports categories in the xml TV settings on the server, to reflect what On Demand programs, I want to see in those category's.

So for example Childrens categorie settings in xml TV:

Animation|Family|Comedy|Music

Edited by Senna

Other than this fairly unique display situation, does the current beta release (1.1.06) solve all the other issues you were having?

Other than this fairly unique display situation, does the current beta release (1.1.06) solve all the other issues you were having?

After the update from 1.1.05  to 1.1.06 all the category's were gone on the Apple TV app in in "Live TV - programs" section, except for the category "On Now"

I had to un-install the m3u tuner & xml tv guide to make them re-appear again.

Now the repeat of 20 programs is gone and seems to be fixed, so you must have changed something in 1.1.06 ;)

Strange that the un-install and re-install of m3u tuner & xml tv guide with app version 1.1.05 didn't solve the repeat of those 20 programs which I tried several times with 1.1.05 following the procedure Luke described here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52657-delete-settings-and-data-m3u-tuner-live-tv-database/&do=findComment&comment=508582

Today I also installed the DVBLink plugin again and removed it after testing.

As described in the other topic, settings and recordings for that plugin is taken from cache, because everything was setup automatically without the need to set it up from scratch.

At removal of the DVBLink plugin, the same thing happened again..... the DVBLink recordings didn't get removed from Live TV.

Thinking about a complete removal of Emby server now, because I'm not gonna delete the 400+ "ghost" DVBLink recordings by hand again, if I don't know were to just delete some files in the Emby directory to eliminate the DVBLink "ghost" recordings in Live TV ....

Edited by Senna

After the update from 1.1.05  to 1.1.06 all the category's were gone on the Apple TV app in in "Live TV - programs" section, except for the category "On Now"

I had to un-install the m3u tuner & xml tv guide to make them re-appear again.

Now the repeat of 20 programs is gone and seems to be fixed, so you must have changed something in 1.1.06 ;)

Strange that the un-install and re-install of m3u tuner & xml tv guide with app version 1.1.05 didn't solve the repeat of those 20 programs which I tried several times with 1.1.05 following the procedure Luke described here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52657-delete-settings-and-data-m3u-tuner-live-tv-database/&do=findComment&comment=508582

Today I also installed the DVBLink plugin again and removed it after testing.

As described in the other topic, settings and recordings for that plugin is taken from cache, because everything was setup automatically without the need to set it up from scratch.

At removal of the DVBLink plugin, the same thing happened again..... the DVBLink recordings didn't get removed from Live TV.

Thinking about a complete removal of Emby server now, because I'm not gonna delete the 400+ "ghost" DVBLink recordings by hand again, if I don't know were to just delete some files in the Emby directory to eliminate the DVBLink "ghost" recordings in Live TV ....

Okay, so... you are not encountering any issues with the current beta version of the Apple TV app, right...?

i.e. Things display as they do elsewhere and playback is working.

No further UI error messages encountered, during trailer play or video library play.

Did encounter playback issues with a transcoded (for subtitles only) movie, when I skipped a part of that movie.

It kept repeating a buffer of approx. 10 seconds for several times, where the buffer also timeshifted. After x minutes same thing happens again and after continuing again then sound dissapears. Looking in taskmanager I see ffempeg has dissapeared.

Server issue or app issue ?

Did encounter playback issues with a transcoded (for subtitles only) movie, when I skipped a part of that movie.

It kept repeating a buffer of approx. 10 seconds for several times, where the buffer also timeshifted. After x minutes same thing happens again and after continuing again then sound dissapears. Looking in taskmanager I see ffempeg has dissapeared.

Server issue or app issue ?

In order for us to best help you with this please see how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Sorry, can't provide logs anymore, deleted Emby server.

Live TV isn't ready for my setup with DVBLink server etc, if even dev team can't provide info how to get rid of cache/setup files of uninstalled plugins or m3u tuners. If you can, PM me, then I will be happy to help you out testing future releases for ATV 4K and more.

After uninstalling the plugin just running a guide refresh would be enough. An uninstall reinstall of the server would also have done it.

After uninstalling the plugin just running a guide refresh would be enough. An uninstall reinstall of the server would also have done it.

An un-install off Emby server for solving my problems, that's obvious....otherwise I wouldn't ask.....

Concerning the first part of your answer, look here : https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/52657-delete-settings-and-data-m3u-tuner-live-tv-database/&do=findComment&comment=508582

I did all you explained me to do Luke... with no results.....

I offered acces to my server to help me out, no answer...

Emby looks great, but I would like to have more user control if something doesn't go as it supposed to be, without un-installing Emby server.

As a new Emby user I appreciated it to help ebr with testing Emby with the Apple TV 4k, because the issues that were with the Apple TV 4K, no other Apple TV 4K user reported those issues since launch date of the Apple TV 4K.