Problem playing recordings

haxzandskillz

haxzandskillz

Hello, No matter if a show is DVR'd (Record single episode) or even Reoccurring series, the server records it in pieces of 5-11 files which it displays and am unable to playback. These files are all 1KB each.

haxzandskillz

Turning off quick sync seemed to have worked. I have the latest intel driver installed. Is there anything I can do to address that. It was working fine before the update.

• 2 months later...

Hello, the shows are no longer recording from LiveTV.

Attached are the logs 

Hi there, can you please describe the problem a little bit more? this log here shows a successful recording, does it not?

haxzandskillz

Apologies, it looks like it actually did record sucessfully, but when i tried to play it on the ATV it says oops. something went wrong undefined is not an object evaluating app.player.currentmediaitem.streaminfo'

haxzandskillz

Yes I am, and even on the iOS App. It’s just the ATV. It starts for a quick second and then stops and returns back to the menu. I restarted the app and ATV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haxzandskillz

Hi I’m on 1.1.11 didn’t see any updates for it either

Apologies, it looks like it actually did record sucessfully, but when i tried to play it on the ATV it says oops. something went wrong undefined is not an object evaluating app.player.currentmediaitem.streaminfo'

Can you please reproduce this and then provide the server and any ffmpeg logs created at the time and also note the time you tried to play and exactly what you tried to play.

Thanks.

haxzandskillz
Please see attached. Tried to play at 12:02 AM & 12:04 AM and tried to play Blind Spot & Chicago PD from Recorded TV Shows Library.

server-63653299200.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-d22f9beb-eea3-4849-8b85-26f6d314fc9a.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-c720efdb-c106-4c6c-add6-696d394005c5.txt

ffmpeg-directstream-9813b47c-b7bd-41a5-a939-a4a52e772f59.txt

Yes, did you get the exact same message and  at exactly when in the process did it happen (did you ever see any part of the Apple player come up)?

If you are setup for external access on your server, inviting me (ebr) as a guest user and allowing me to try to play one of these may be the quickest way to figuring out what is going on.

Thanks.

haxzandskillz

This time I didnt get an error, nor did I see the player navigation bars. I saw the image for a few seconds and it went away. Just added you as a guest

Thanks.

I see a fraction of a second of video before the item just shuts down.  Looking at the app logs, as far as the player is concerned, the item is ending.  So this must have something to do with either how it is transcoding on the server or how it was recorded.

haxzandskillz

What do you suggest I do, I believe my web player can still play the video, haven’t confirmed it again though

If you can provide a sample video for Luke to take a look at that would probably be helpful.

Thanks.

haxzandskillz
Thanks ebr, I think this started happening after it updated to the latest server version. Nothing else really changed. I have sent a PM to @@Luke of a file

haxzandskillz

I had no luck with the web app either. It just showed a static image

haxzandskillz
Microsoft Edge, Windows 10. Could just be my browser issue, but what about the iOS Devices & ATV. Those are no longer working.