DreamScreen 4K soon to be posted

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

I think youtube is probably best way. Videos can't be posted, directly.

The recording is not the best and the DS effect would be better if a full wall was behind the tv but still I think you can get the idea

https://youtu.be/lLQaGRvb3wY

• 1 month later...
PrincessClevage

@@PrincessClevage have you experienced your LEDs turn all green when playing some movies? If yes, it's because of the d3d11 GPU API. If you use the vulkan or opengl APIs, it'll be fine.

are you referring to the OpenGL Switch in emby theatre? If so I always have it enabled with hwa set to auto

Guest asrequested

are you referring to the OpenGL Switch in emby theatre? If so I always have it enabled with hwa set to auto

No, you have to add this to your mpv.conf

gpu-api=vulkan

or

gpu-api=opengl
Edited by Doofus

PrincessClevage

No, you have to add this to your mpv.conf

gpu-api=vulkan

or

gpu-api=opengl
I’m getting lost with how the whole .config should read, can you list the whole .config for Vulcan OpenGL, HDR not displayed correctly and coda-copy

Guest asrequested

I’m getting lost with how the whole .config should read, can you list the whole .config for Vulcan OpenGL, HDR not displayed correctly and coda-copy

Ok, try this

gpu-api=opengl
tone-mapping=mobius
vd-lavc-o=deint=adaptive

For your hardware acceleration, choose D3D11 copyback.

If you want to use the Nvidia deinterlacing, choose CUDA copyback, and keep the deinterlacing setting in Theater at 'no'. But like me, you have some decoding issues when watching some HDR content. So what I do, is use CUDA copyback until I want to watch HDR content. Then you can use D3D11 copyback. You need the copyback, to ensure that you have the 10 bit color range for HDR.

There'll be a new Theater release pretty soon. That will address the hdr-compute-peak, issue. So don't worry about that. Although, using gpu-api=opengl, also fixes that.

Does that make sense?

PrincessClevage

Ok, try this

gpu-api=opengltone-mapping=mobiusvd-lavc-o=deint=adaptive
For your hardware acceleration, choose D3D11 copyback.

If you want to use the Nvidia deinterlacing, choose CUDA copyback, and keep the deinterlacing setting in Theater at 'no'. But like me, you have some decoding issues when watching some HDR content. So what I do, is use CUDA copyback until I want to watch HDR content. Then you can use D3D11 copyback. You need the copyback, to ensure that you have the 10 bit color range for HDR.

There'll be a new Theater release pretty soon. That will address the hdr-compute-peak, issue. So don't worry about that. Although, using gpu-api=opengl, also fixes that.

Does that make sense?

thanks some good information. On another point I think my ghosting of fast moving images might be related to my use of hdmi 1.4 cables and I have high speed )18Gbs) hdmi cables coming soon Edited by PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

thanks some good information. On another point I think my hosting of fast moving images might be related to my use of hdmi 1.4 cables and I have high speed )18Gbs) hdmi cables coming soon

Yeah, you'll need HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.4. When you get those, you'll see a lot of improvement.