PrincessClevage

But what about your GPU config?

Gpu is at default 60hz 1080p let application decide colour etc

PrincessClevage

Oh, you're not using 4k

Not at the moment but new tv should arrive next week tcl 65x4us QLED

Guest asrequested

Not at the moment but new tv should arrive next week tcl 65x4us QLED

Nice! I've got a message in to the DreamScreen guys. I'm hoping it's just a software/firmware issue. Or it's going back.

PrincessClevage

Nice! I've got a message in to the DreamScreen guys. I'm hoping it's just a software/firmware issue. Or it's going back.

how have you got it connected?

PrincessClevage

I've tried multiple configs, I can't get an output.

what are your dreamscreen setup setting?5ad5fc4ec6227d54c600df8dc3b67676.png

Guest asrequested

The LEDs work just fine, there's just no output to the display using the Nvidia GPU. If I connect the MiBox, it works correctly.

Guest asrequested

Oh lord! The 4k upgrade has major issues. Check this thread

http://dreamscreen.boards.net/thread/1350/dreamscreen-4k-hdr-troubleshooting-findings

My findings are that if connect it HTPC > receiver (via HDMI not DP) > DS > TV, it works. But now I only have 8 bit color depth.

If I connect HTPC > DS > TV, I get nothing. I'm guessing maybe an HDCP problem.

If I use my DP to connect, with any configuration I get no output. Again, I'm assuming and HDCP issue. 

I have full HDCP compliance with all the equipment that I use.

PrincessClevage

Thanks for the link, but that takes me in a direction I don't want to go.

It will be interesting to see what happens when my 4K tv turns up with a new full 4K DS kit (as opposed to an upgrade kit) I have not noticed any issues yet with 1080p at 60hz

PrincessClevage

It's exactly the same as the full kit, except I already have the LEDs

As a test can you try DS at 1080p 60hz to see if it works as expected with a movie?What model is your Amp? Edited by PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

As a test can you try DS at 1080p 60hz to see if it works as expected with a movie?What model is your Amp?

It's a Pioneer Elite SC-95. The issue that I seem to have is the HDCP. If I go through my receiver, I get an output if I use the HDMI port on the GPU. The DP won't work at all, no matter what I do. And If connect the HDMI directly to the DS, I also get no display output. I can't go through my receiver, because I only get 8 bit color depth. Even if I connect the display port directly to the tv and the HDMI through the receiver to the DS, I still don't get a display output on the DP. If I switch to the HDMI port with DP also active, I get an output but it's not stable. It drops in and out, then eventually it stops getting a picture, too.

When you get your new TV, you will want to set the output color depth to 10 bit, and color format to YCbCr420 or 422 if you want to watch HDR with mpv. If I run the signal through my receiver, I only get the option of 8 bit, and the colors are not right (some are too bright). As you have a similar GPU to me, I'll be interested to see what happens with yours.

PrincessClevage

It's a Pioneer Elite SC-95. The issue that I seem to have is the HDCP. If I go through my receiver, I get an output if I use the HDMI port on the GPU. The DP won't work at all, no matter what I do. And If connect the HDMI directly to the DS, I also get no display output. I can't go through my receiver, because I only get 8 bit color depth. Even if I connect the display port directly to the tv and the HDMI through the receiver to the DS, I still don't get a display output on the DP. If I switch to the HDMI port with DP also active, I get an output but it's not stable. It drops in and out, then eventually it stops getting a picture, too.

When you get your new TV, you will want to set the output color depth to 10 bit, and color format to YCbCr420 or 422 if you want to watch HDR with mpv. If I run the signal through my receiver, I only get the option of 8 bit, and the colors are not right (some are too bright). As you have a similar GPU to me, I'll be interested to see what happens with yours.

when I connect my DS from htpc> DS>tv in 1080p 60hz it also works fine. How do you check what colour depth you get as an output? Is your Amp limiting to 8bit ? What is your resolution 3840x2160?

Guest asrequested

when I connect my DS from htpc> DS>tv in 1080p 60hz it also works fine. How do you check what colour depth you get as an output? Is your Amp limiting to 8bit ? What is your resolution 3840x2160?

5b37fb6e47d1d_Snapshot_148.jpg

I think I've found a config that works. If I connect the DP directly to the TV, and the HDMI through the receiver to DS...BUT DON'T connect the DS to the TV, it looks like everything works. DS gets the color info it needs from the HDMI output without interfering with the HDCP/output of the DP.

Also, in my case I'm using the original DS LEDs. The new 4k unit has two inputs for the LEDs. I was connecting to input 1, as I figured that would be correct. I discovered that the colors that get used, are wrong. Plugging them into input 2 for DIY, the colors emitted, are correct.

Edited by Doofus

Spaceboy

Thanks for the link, but that takes me in a direction I don't want to go.

it wasn’t for you. It’s for a solution that “just works” and you’ve demonstrated you’re not that kind of person

Guest asrequested

it wasn’t for you. It’s for a solution that “just works” and you’ve demonstrated you’re not that kind of person

lol...yeah, I guess I like to funk with stuff :D

PrincessClevage

I feel another Emby with DreamScreen video, coming on :D

i have a couple. Is it possible to upload to this forum or only links to videos?

Guest asrequested

i have a couple. Is it possible to upload to this forum or only links to videos?

I think youtube is probably best way. Videos can't be posted, directly.