DreamScreen 4K soon to be posted

PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

Exciting news as the 4K wifi version of dream screen is soon to be posted, let’s hope they supply an api so it can be linked into actions (for Emby movies perhaps:-)

4K Updates and Exciting New Features

1f6dd7b4849d7fd1737415caf2d1cb05.jpg

We are in the final stages of testing 4K and are excited to start shipping at the end of the month. Great news - 4K supports HDR and HDR10. 4K supports up to 60Hz, 12 bit resolution and 4:4:4 color space.

We have also added some exciting new features to the App, like these new Widgets available on Android and iOS. Easily control DreamScreen without opening the App.

Thank you for your patience as we finish testing and begin to ship all the 4K units. Any questions? Feel free to message us here on Indiegogo!

Best,

DreamScreen

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dreamscreen-hd-4k-smart-tv-backlighting-videogames-gadgets/x/16796796#/

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

And it's going to work through WiFi instead of Bluetooth. The Bluetooth unit is terrible.

https://www.dreamscreentv.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyvXPBRD-ARIsAIeQeoFbcknj34J5ZcJ5hZTStb87jBRI-MzSqT1uMohwRFBs-nCmUr8QcD4aAl9PEALw_wcB

This is what DreamScreen, does...

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

And here's a video I whipped up of using Theater with DreamScreen. The lens is flaring a bit....so, bright lights!

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I use my led lights with a raspberry pi that captures the video in between my avr and the tv. Therefore is independent of any other software and works for all inputs

Guest asrequested

Yes, I think that may be an issue.

I honestly don't use mine very often, but I will buy the upgrade. The Bluetooth is really annoying.

PrincessClevage

I honestly don't use mine very often, but I will buy the upgrade. The Bluetooth is really annoying.

ideally I would like to activate dreamscreen only when playing movies, like I currently do with my LED bulb when I play a file from “Movies” directory(turns blue and dimms for 5mins then off then back on blue full bright when I press pause and dim for 5mins then off when press play again using Chef’s Mios Vera plugin). Apparently for the new wifi version of dreamscreen they are going to release a rest api. Edited by PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

ideally I would like to activate dreamscreen only when playing movies, like I currently do with my LED bulb when I play a file from “Movies” directory(turns blue and dimms for 5mins then off then back on blue full bright when I press pause and dim for 5mins then off when press play again using Chef’s Mios Vera plugin). Apparently for the new wifi version of dreamscreen they are going to release a rest api.

I'm definitely going to be getting the upgrade. Santa is on his way ... but he maybe too slow :D

mediacowboy

I'm definitely going to be getting the upgrade. Santa is on his way ... but he maybe too slow :D

It must be nice knowing Santa.

• 5 months later...
PrincessClevage

Finally happy to report that my Dreamscreen unit has arrived (all be it with a partial DOA Led strip) but in general is working as expected (except for resizing ET to a smaller view each time I turn tv/amp on/off).

Dreamscreen support inform me that a device will be made available later this year that will allow

Amazon Alexa

- Google Assistant

- IFTTT

- Philips Hue

- LIFX

- Logitech Harmony

Integration, would Emby be interested in such direct integration?(might be out of Embys scope )

Below is some network communication information used by dreamscreen

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Aoemdv993MGDgcwv2sRfX8suUyWYgA

Guest asrequested

Nice! I can't use mine, right now. It's the old 1080. All my LEDs are still attached. I may get the 4k upgrade kit.

PrincessClevage

Nice! I can't use mine, right now. It's the old 1080. All my LEDs are still attached. I may get the 4k upgrade kit.

I rewatched two fav movies so far and the effect is quite impressive. Looks like the newer units have a higher refresh capability even adjusting colours with a helicopter rotor movement at the edge of the screen. Wifi controls through the app work great also from any room with wifi. Edited by PrincessClevage

Guest asrequested

I rewatched two fav movies so far and the effect is quite impressive. Looks like the newer units have a higher refresh capability even adjusting colours with a helicopter rotor movement at the edge of the screen. Wifi controls through the app work great also from any room with wifi.

Yeah, it's supposed to be greatly improved. Good to know that you confirm that. I'll get it, eventually. I want to get a pfsense gateway, built first. I've been waiting to see when they were actually going to release the new 4k units. Every time I looked, they were only available for pre-order.

• 2 months later...
PrincessClevage

Just ordered the 4k upgrade kit :D

It's no longer pre-order. They are shipping.

I think you will like it, we just need some home automation integration (which they inform me may be available later this year)

Guest asrequested

I think you will like it, we just need some home automation integration (which they inform me may be available later this year)

I'm looking forward to being able to use it, again. All the LEDs are already in place.

PrincessClevage

I'm looking forward to being able to use it, again. All the LEDs are already in place.

the new flexible LED are very easy to apply a react quick but I think this is mor todo with the controller

Guest asrequested

the new flexible LED are very easy to apply a react quick but I think this is mor todo with the controller

They sound the LEDs from the original, that I have.