How to remove or uninstall Emby from Ubuntu?

druasmith

druasmith

I searched and I see other people asking this question but I don't see any answers.

Suddenly for some reason I can't access Emby at all, not even my library. I'd like to just remove it and reinstall it. I've tried sudo apt-get purge emby but when I go to install it again my installer says it's already there.

ShadowBlade72

Give the following a try? Also, what do you get back when you run the other command?

sudo apt-get remove emby-server
  • Like 3

druasmith

That worked. Thanks. To answer your question, when I ran the other command, the terminal window looked like it uninstalled emby and gave no error messages but it was still there when I tried to reinstall it.

So now I've removed and reinstalled emby and it's prompting me for my server address. I've tried the default suggested addresses in the attached screenshot and also each address in my ipv4 information and nothing's connecting. I remember this process being more intuitive the first time I installed emby.

post-231977-0-26958400-1509898889_thumb.png

Edited by druasmith

ShadowBlade72

To setup your server you need to put in your servers IP address. I don't know what your network configuration is, so I can't help you there.

Also make sure the server is actually running:

systemctl status emby-server

http://192.168.X.X:8096/

Edited by ShadowBlade72

druasmith

nevermind i got in with emby connect rather than manually

edit: or maybe not. it's hanging forever.

Edited by druasmith

• 2 years later...
Stlk filmes

I have a problem, I configured the virtual disk with rclone brownser, when I put the folder in the emby library does not appear, what can I do? In fact, when I mount the disk, it doesn't open a folder, and when I undo the virtual disk, the other folders appear

Stlk filmes

5dc6d0dc59d30_discovirtual.jpg

is the image of my screen where is mounted the virtual disks by rclone brownser, my directory is this / home / stlk / team
the problem is that in the library emby only sees until / stlk and when I unmount the disk it will see the folders inside the stlk directory

Stlk filmes

Good morning, see in this photo that the disk is mounted, and in the terminal all the commands I execute does not change anything, and why is that (d ????????) in the team folder and gdrive

5dc7bf5692d88_permissao.jpg

Stlk filmes

Good morning, there is no one who can help with this problem, in Windows has Raidrive that works perfectly synchronizing with google drive and team team, in linux tried opendriver, rclone, rclone bownser, overgrive and none can freely access, folders in emby like i said raidriver in windows works great

I'm not an expert with rclone, but there are a lot of community members here who use it. Remember that Emby server runs under a system user called Emby, so  you should check the permissions for that user to access to folders.

Stlk filmes

I'm not an expert with rclone, but there are a lot of community members here who use it. Remember that Emby server runs under a system user called Emby, so  you should check the permissions for that user to access to folders.

Ok, but I don't know how to do that, I've been with vps for only a month and all this time without being able

Stlk filmes

strange I mounted the virtual disks, in rclone, ocamlfuse, gdrive, opendrive and all of them the emby server did not read the folder where the files are

strange I mounted the virtual disks, in rclone, ocamlfuse, gdrive, opendrive and all of them the emby server did not read the folder where the files are

Those programs all likely run under your user account. This is where it is tricky, emby runs as a server and runs under the user account emby. There is a permissions guide on here somewhere that can help out. 

Basically though you will want to be in the folder above the folder or drive you want to use in emby. do a ls -lh and it will look something like this:

5dd33ec38b584_Untitled.png

See where it says emby then MEDIA. emby is the owner, MEDIA is the group. you will want to change the folder permissions so emby is the owner of the drive you wish to use in emby.