Refresh

fbrassin

here is latest crash log that on box

edit:

i have attached a console log aswell of SuperGirl  S03E03 played and skipped forward till end, then played, then pressed STOP button on screen when it showed. the home page still show S03E03 in NEXT UP.

Hmmm... did you get that log from Xcode?

I need the javascript console from Safari.

andyblac644

Hmmm... did you get that log from Xcode?

I need the javascript console from Safari.

yes xcode console i dont see anything for emby?

5a5e82f5e6b4d_ScreenShot20180116at225408

Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

looking at the nextup data the correct ep4 is in the data but, why is it still show the previous episode ep3 still ?

yes xcode console i dont see anything for emby?

5a5e82f5e6b4d_ScreenShot20180116at225408

Was this while the app was actually running and in the foreground?

The app should show up there if so.

andyblac644

anything else i can do ?, really would like to get refresh bug fixed, so i can then buy my elderly mother one, atm it would be too confusing to get her to force quit the app just to see updated home page.

I'm sorry, I'm at a total loss as to why you aren't seeing the updates but, when I attached to your server, it worked fine for me.

andyblac644

I'm sorry, I'm at a total loss as to why you aren't seeing the updates but, when I attached to your server, it worked fine for me.

could try from yours as a test, see if i get the same ?, to rule out a server / network side issue.

Edited by andyblac644

it not just me though, others seeing this as well ?

Yes, at least the OP of this topic.

But, without being able to reproduce it in an environment where we can see what is happening, I am at a loss to what it is.  Something is going wrong somewhere obviously.

Do you have another Apple TV you can test with?  To start completely fresh and see if the problem still occurs?

sorry had to pop out, no only the one, i want another for mother, but was hoping to get refresh fixed 1st.

Okay, I invited you to my server...

andyblac644

just tried playing 11.22.63 s01e01, skiped till end press ok on the gui stop button at end. it is not updating Next up on home page

5a675e262e1a8_ScreenShot20180123at160803

so it seems it not a server / network issue ?

Edited by andyblac644

just tried playing 11.22.63 s01e01, skiped till end press ok on the gui stop button at end. it is not updating Next up on home page

Aha... that is not how I was stopping the playback.  Is this always how you stop playback?

What happens if you just use the menu (back) button to back out or let it continue on to the next item?

Well, I was hopeful that was the problem but I just did that same thing and it still worked fine for me.

When you hit that button and end up back on the detail screen, does the watched check change to red?

andyblac644

Well, I was hopeful that was the problem but I just did that same thing and it still worked fine for me.

When you hit that button and end up back on the detail screen, does the watched check change to red?

yes, it does.

andyblac644

Aha... that is not how I was stopping the playback.  Is this always how you stop playback?

What happens if you just use the menu (back) button to back out or let it continue on to the next item?

same thing if using the menu button.

yes, it does.

same thing if using the menu button.

Okay, so that means the stop is getting triggered properly and it is just the updating of the home screen that isn't happening for you.

Since it works on my device both on my and your server and doesn't work on your device on both your and my server, that points to something related to that device.

With a re-install of the app and everything at defaults, is it still a problem?

• Like 1

andyblac644

hi, it seem the auto login fix has also fixed the refresh too :D, it is now updating :D:lol:, top man i owe you a beer!!!!!

i now can replace my mum's shield with a AppleTV.

Edited by andyblac644