Refresh

fbrassin

fbrassin

Well,i stopped episode as it was at the final titles but there still wasn't on the screen next or stop.

Does this means i stopped stop early?

andyblac644

Well, that is quite strange.  I just tested this with two different TV series and, in both cases, the screen refreshed immediately and showed the proper next up episodes.  The Next Up row also properly re-sorted to show the last played item.

If you partially watch something, does it show properly in the "Continue Watching" row when you return?

no if i stop 10 mins in, and exit to home screen, i don't see any "Continue Watching" row. until i restart the app.

Edited by andyblac644

no if i stop 10 mins in, and exit to home screen, i don't see any "Continue Watching" row. until i restart the app.

Something very strange is going on with your network communications I think.  How to figure out what that is is the next question...

andyblac644

the shield updates the home screen ok, but saying that if the shield has a continue watching, and you go finish it, it says in the home screen even after it has been finished, the only to get rid of it, is to go mark the episode not watched, and watched, then when you return to the home screen it gone.

Edited by andyblac644

The first thing to try, if you have your Emby server setup for external access, would be to add me (ebr) as a guest user and see if I can reproduce the issue from here connected to your server.

andyblac644

The first thing to try, if you have your Emby server setup for external access, would be to add me (ebr) as a guest user and see if I can reproduce the issue from here connected to your server.

i yes have DM your emby user name, i'll setup a share.

EDIT:

invite sent.

Edited by andyblac644

Okay, connected to your server and played the first episode of "Covert Affairs".  Fast forwarded to about the half way point and then backed out to the home screen and I immediately got both the Continue Watching row and the Next Up row updated...

5a5d4f7b4e974_ScreenShot20180115at80054P

Then moved over to "Misfits" and fast forwarded that one all the way to the end credits.  Backed out and episode 2 is now in my next up row.

5a5d5059a403a_ScreenShot20180115at80608P

I honestly don't know what is going on.  I was hoping I'd have the same problem and be able to tell what it was but it appears to be working fine for me...

andyblac644

anything i can do, to help track it down ?

btw how did you get a screen shot for AppleTV ?

Edited by andyblac644

anything i can do, to help track it down ?

Do you own a mac?

btw how did you get a screen shot for AppleTV ?

Using Xcode (the Apple IDE).

andyblac644

@@ebr, ok i managed to try a remote share, the "Continue Watching" does show when i skip to 10 mins, and then exit, but letting the show run till the end where the buttons show STOP / START (next episode), pressing stop, and returning to the Home screen i still see the previous episode in the next up, it has not refreshed to the next as it should.

Edited by andyblac644

Okay, if you have a mac, you can connect your Apple TV to it wirelessly (via iTunes).  Once you've done that, you can start our app on the Apple TV and then bring up Safari - which should have a "develop" menu.  Bring it down and find the Apple TV and that should expand and give you an option to bring up a debug window for our app.  Once that is up, watch the console while you go through the process above.  Are there any errors?

andyblac644

Okay, if you have a mac, you can connect your Apple TV to it wirelessly (via iTunes).  Once you've done that, you can start our app on the Apple TV and then bring up Safari - which should have a "develop" menu.  Bring it down and find the Apple TV and that should expand and give you an option to bring up a debug window for our app.  Once that is up, watch the console while you go through the process above.  Are there any errors?

i'm not seeing AppleTV in iTunes ? does the apple tv have to connected wirelessly 

Edited by andyblac644

Yes, you have to pair it with the mac (google that) the same as if you were going to use AirPlay.  You can also physically connect it with a USB C cable but wireless is easier.

Dibbes

Erik, can you do this with the Windows version of iTunes as well? It doesn't seem to work for me and the documentation for this is scanty at best...

andyblac644

Yes, you have to pair it with the mac (google that) the same as if you were going to use AirPlay.  You can also physically connect it with a USB C cable but wireless is easier.

this?

Pair your Mac to your Apple TV
If you’re a developer, you can pair your Mac to your Apple TV so you can use developer features and record screenshots or capture video on Apple TV. Here's how:

Make sure that your Mac and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
On your Mac, open Xcode and choose Window > Devices and Simulators.
On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices.
In the Xcode device manager, select your Apple TV.
Enter the six-digit pin that appears on the Apple TV on your Mac.
Your Apple TV is now paired with your Mac. To unpair your Mac, open Xcode > Device Manager, select your Apple TV, then choose Unpair.

this?

Pair your Mac to your Apple TV
If you’re a developer, you can pair your Mac to your Apple TV so you can use developer features and record screenshots or capture video on Apple TV. Here's how:

Make sure that your Mac and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
On your Mac, open Xcode and choose Window > Devices and Simulators.
On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices.
In the Xcode device manager, select your Apple TV.
Enter the six-digit pin that appears on the Apple TV on your Mac.
Your Apple TV is now paired with your Mac. To unpair your Mac, open Xcode > Device Manager, select your Apple TV, then choose Unpair.

Yeah, I guess the wireless pairing requires Xcode.

andyblac644

here is latest crash log that on box

edit:

i have attached a console log aswell of SuperGirl  S03E03 played and skipped forward till end, then played, then pressed STOP button on screen when it showed. the home page still show S03E03 in NEXT UP.

Emby.tvOS 16-01-2018, 10-24.crash.zip

console.log.zip

Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

not this time, no, cbr asked for console log, i noticed there where 4 crash logs on box. so posted the latest incase it helped.