Refresh

fbrassin

fbrassin

Hello,

i have 2 ATV4.

I realized that if i watch something on one atv or if i add i movie on the server to update the other one i have to restart app.

Is it normal?

Shouldn't be possible to add a refresh button instead of restarting app?

Tnx

• Like 2

The problem is the app never shuts down.

We need to build in some method of periodically refreshing the home screen content. 

• 3 weeks later...
bay_wolf

I’ve also noticed this with content not refreshing on the main screen including live tv programs showing up as yesterday’s. Maybe doing a refresh of the home screen when navigating back to it would help?

• 4 weeks later...
bay_wolf

Another option could be to have a refresh button somewhere on the home screen similar to how Plex works so when we need to refresh the home screen or other screens we don’t have to shut the app down and reopen it.

I’ve also noticed this with content not refreshing on the main screen including live tv programs showing up as yesterday’s. Maybe doing a refresh of the home screen when navigating back to it would help?

The latest version should be doing this already - as long as you navigate somewhere.

bay_wolf

The latest version should be doing this already - as long as you navigate somewhere.

It seems to do partial refreshes of content it knows you’ve watched on that device. But I can:

Have the Apple TV app open to the home screen

Open the iOS app and watch a show or mark it watched

On the Apple TV, click into another view like tv or movies

On the Apple TV, go back to the home screen

And the content on the Apple TV won’t update on the home screen like it would on the iOS app

So, I think the refreshes on the actual Apple TV app are good if it’s the only device you’re using but when watching content on other devices, the Apple TV home screen won’t reflect those actions unless you close the app and reopen.

bay_wolf

These are scenarios we plan to support in the future, yes. Thanks for the feedback.

Awesome, thanks for all the work you guys do! I appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

any update on this?, home screen is pretty useless without it updating.

It is something we are looking into, thanks.

• Like 1

Hi @@ebr

I am a premiere member would it be possible to participate in the Apple TV betas?

Thanks!

yes, when @@ebr sees this he will advise. thanks !

Hi @@ebr

I am a premiere member would it be possible to participate in the Apple TV betas?

Thanks!

Please send me the Apple ID for the device.

However, please note that there is not an active beta at this moment.

• 2 weeks later...
andyblac644

@@Luke @@ebr any update on this, I know you guys are busy, this is the only thing holding me back from buying other AppleTV 4K for my elderly mother, it would confuse her not having the home page update.

Thanks

Andy.

Edited by andyblac644

andyblac644

this does not work for me. entering a library and exiting back to home page does not update the screen.

this does not work for me. entering a library and exiting back to home page does not update the screen.

Specifically for what?

andyblac644

Specifically for what?

as I said the main screen on the appletv app, does not refresh 

Specifically what content after what changes?

The entire screen should not refresh, but individual rows should if we have detected changes that warrant it.  So, I'm trying to get to the bottom of why you aren't seeing this by knowing exactly what changed and how and what should be refreshing.

Thanks.

andyblac644

Specifically what content after what changes?

The entire screen should not refresh, but individual rows should if we have detected changes that warrant it.  So, I'm trying to get to the bottom of why you aren't seeing this by knowing exactly what changed and how and what should be refreshing.

Thanks.

sorry, anything tbh, ie

LiveTV on now does not update

If I watch a episode of a show, started via the Home page, when show ends, I exit the episode, return to the home screen the episode is still shown in the Next Up section.

I can enter a library section, and return to home screen, everything is the same, nothing has refreshed. The only way I can get the app the update / refresh, is to restart the app

Andy.

Edited by andyblac644

sorry, anything tbh, ie

LiveTV on now does not update

If I watch a episode of a show, started via the Home page, when show ends, I exit the episode, return to the home screen the episode is still shown in the Next Up section.

I can enter a library section, and return to home screen, everything is the same, nothing has refreshed. The only way I can get the app the update / refresh, is to restart the app

Andy.

Also if i watch an episode, when i get to home screen i still see that episode as to see not then next one.

Well, that is quite strange.  I just tested this with two different TV series and, in both cases, the screen refreshed immediately and showed the proper next up episodes.  The Next Up row also properly re-sorted to show the last played item.

If you partially watch something, does it show properly in the "Continue Watching" row when you return?