Retain Guide Data when Error

dranderson402

dranderson402

It would be nice if Emby could keep the current guide data if it receives an error while trying to update. I've used both Mythtv and NextPVR and both of them will retain what guide info is had if there was an error getting new guide data.

So with last nights (11/2/2017) schedules direct's JSON server down for maintenance, my guide went completely blank so nothing was able to record. If Emby retained the data it had before the update attempt that failed, my shows would have recorded.

It would also be nice to manually set a recording schedule. In Mythtv I can set the start time, duration and select the channel. I can even give it a show and episode name. This would have been a great alternative to still having last nights recordings even if the guide blanked out from an update error.

• Like 5

mastrmind11

Pretty sure both of these reqs are dupes.

edit: guess not?  mods, please delete...

Edited by mastrmind11

SikSlayer

@@dranderson402 Yeah, as I said in the other thread during the outage, I had the same thought as you.

But you also came up with some other nice ideas. Hopefully Luke implements them soon, good to see he likes the ideas you've come up with.

Pretty much if/when we get these features, we'll have you (and Luke and the rest of the dev team of course) to thank for them.

kanipek

This kind of resiliency is important so we'll look at it for the next release, thanks.

This would really be a great addition. So frustrating when guide data disappears on us.